THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.

Go down 
+2
Gobsmakked
DanceofDecemberSouls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DanceofDecemberSouls
Hellion
DanceofDecemberSouls

Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. Empty
PostSubject: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 07:25

So I'm building a rather neat shooty army of piratical dark eldar, and trying to do it quickly and (relatively) cheaply, and for a tournament at my flgs. While the store has gotten a fair bit of my money in the past couple of days, I have also been looking at bits sites like the Warstore and Hoard o' bits. Warstore turned out just fine, but they have very expensive blasters. Hoard, however, has seen fit to take my money and not give me any word on an expected ship date. Does anyone else encounter problems like this when looking for bits? Or am I just lucky?
Also, I'm compiling a list for good conversion bits for blaster/dakka born-
Blasterborn- Scourge blasters and dark lances
Dakka born- Scourge Carbines, left over shredders, splintecannons (both scourge and kabalite)

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 09:37

Bitz stores online are always hit and miss in terms of quality of service and communications, and then there's good ol' Customs depending on where you live. You just have to give things a fair chance to show up, and then take a deep breath and wait another week.

I will say this, though, regarding your examples - I used to use Warstore all the time and found their customer service to be excellent every single time, as was their speed of delivery. And I live on the West Coast of Canada. They, and HoB, are of course on the opposite side of NA.

I switched because Warstore didn't carry many of the bitz that I wanted at some point, and because I was finding much cheaper prices elsewhere on some stuff. I first found HoB on eBay and eventually they started their own site. Their own site lacks a LOT of basic functionality, and communication may not appear to be their strong point, but they will answer if you contact them direct.

I have never had any problem with any of the many orders that I have placed with HoB. They are often slow in arriving, usually 3-4 weeks after ordering, but since I also get WD in the mail three weeks after it appears in my LGS, I blame Canada Post and Customs, not HoB. I've also heard of HoB orders reaching Oz in two weeks.

I only use HoB now.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Evil
Slave
Lurking Evil

PostSubject: Re: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 16:49

I can't say much for places to directly buy the bits, but I can say that I got six blasters and variants out of a Scourge kit. Of course you end up with a lot of different looking blasters but I personally think it works well for Blasterborn especially and also because I don't want to shell out nearly eight bucks for each one.

From the Scourges I got:
1 regular blaster (If you don't mind the bare arms)
1 shredder conversion
1 dark lance conversion
1 heat lance conversion
1 haywire blaster conversion
1 splinter cannon conversion

Now my scourges ended up being armed with shardcarbines and splinter cannons from my warrior kits so no real loss to me, but you would also get left over shardcarbines even if you don't cannibalize the whole kit which I am tempted to get second kit to nom, for it's such a feast of plastic gold (And cool heads, and cool models for that matter. Ahem) I know a lot of places offer the rather off-beat Scourge weapons for cheap so you could buy four of each kind so there's a little more uniformity among each individual squad.

Just my two pain tokens.
Back to top Go down
Lightcavalier
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 18:33

I have 15 scourges...I used all the extra heads and carbines on warrior bodies to make scourges.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 00:02

I order bits through HoB and Wizard Games on Ebay all the time. The cheapest auctions end on Sundays for some reason. Both sellers have great communication and package well/ship fast.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 02:08

I use both HoB and Wizard games also and they arrive within 2 weeks about every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.   Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bits for conversions/ trueborn builds.
Page 1 of 1