THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

has it ever happend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

has it ever happend Empty
PostSubject: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 15:12

has there ever been reported or otherwise thought of that a human, was taken captive and survived to EXCEL in the dark city?
in my fluff i'm having a human do just that.
in addition do the hellions have immediate respect for somebody who kills their leader? or is it only the Incubi Shrines?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 15:27

Define 'EXCEL' I suppose?

To Eldar - humans are somewhat akin to dogs for us. We accept they can have thoughts, feelings, goals, and can be dangerous and trained. But at the end of the day they are always classed as an inferior thing to even the least Eldar. As an example, lost in the woods, you may follow the dog's thoughts because you've decided that the dog knew the way home better than you did - but though you would agree the dog is leading you, would you call the dog the 'leader' of the group?

For Incubi the killing is more of a test - if you pass it you are promoted. It's not really a 'respect' thing beyond that. And it only works for Incubi of that shrine.

Hellions are classed as gangs - I imagine, like some gangs in our own world, prowess of strength could earn respect. Depends on the gang really. There is no fluff support for the idea, but neither is their fluff opposing it.

I will admit, if your question is 'a human slave is taken, escapes, and kills the leader of a Hellion gang in a duel, could he take over the gang?' I would say the fluff really doesn't support that logic. The other Hellions would probably find the result amusing - but would be unlikely to desire to allow a base mon'keigh to lead them anywhere.

I'm doing my own story of a "successful" human in Commerragh. I established him as a deadly and talented Rogue Trader who has set himself up as a lesser merchant in a tiny port spur. I make pains to point out repeatedly that though he is a highly talented and dangerous human, that he is just ekeing out survival, and even the lowest ranked DE considers themselves well above him in stature regardless of if he actually manages to outsmart or slay them.

That said, at the end of the day it is your story. If you enjoy what you're writing, and people enjoy reading it, that's really the only measuring stick.

Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 15:42

alright, well good thing its unheard of then xD because at my local store we have more fluff competitions then real battles, so i think my fluff here will earn me 1st prize for creative lolz
could i PM you my fluff or something and get your feedback on it?
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 16:49

That being said, although I think a human, however successful, would never rise to power on a craftworld, or even in the snobbier circles of Trueborn, I can imagine that a human who proved themselves as cunning, cut-throat and adroit as the surrounding DEldar could very much succeed; Vect himself shouldn't have risen as he did, but he proved that The Dark City is anyone's for the taking!

My leader, through her manifestations in my Marine army and my Dark Eldar, is of a human Arbites, captured for the gladiatorial arenas, enhanced to a 4/4/4/4 statline by a sports physiotherapist haemonculous, who leads her rogue mercenary army, sometimes a lightweight raiding force (C:DE), and sometimes a heavier team (C:SM).

I am a bit of a fluff heretic, I don't like being told how to tell my stories about imaginary things, but I do at least try to conform to canon, so I will bow to superior knowledge, but I'm pretty sure that if The Silver Surfer turned up in Commorragh, the Hellion gangs would cheer him on!
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 16:56

lol xD probably think it was their god XD
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 17:28

asdrubael Vect124 wrote:
could i PM you my fluff or something and get your feedback on it?
You could, you could also post it in the stories forum and get feedback from multiple people.

commandersasha wrote:
That being said, although I think a human, however successful, would never rise to power on a craftworld, or even in the snobbier circles of Trueborn, I can imagine that a human who proved themselves as cunning, cut-throat and adroit as the surrounding DEldar could very much succeed; Vect himself shouldn't have risen as he did, but he proved that The Dark City is anyone's for the taking!
I do not follow. Vect was Dark Eldar - though he was a slave at one point he rose in station over the centuries and eventually took power. That is well established as the way the DE work, and also hardly allows for a non-DE to do the same.

commandersasha wrote:
I am a bit of a fluff heretic, I don't like being told how to tell my stories about imaginary things, but I do at least try to conform to canon, so I will bow to superior knowledge, but I'm pretty sure that if The Silver Surfer turned up in Commorragh, the Hellion gangs would cheer him on!
Since the Silver Surfer would be aghast at the Dark City and doubtless set about trying to free the slaves and lead them to freedom, I'm guessing the Hellions, as every other DE faction, would seek to end him - as he would be threatening the very existence of Commorragh.

This is a pretty out there example though.

Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 17:42

i could post in the stories, is there a limit on how big it can be?
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 18:21

Hey, what about Goblin from Spiderman?

He could do something

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2014, 18:30

nahhh iron man Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has it ever happend   has it ever happend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

has it ever happend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background