THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forge World Dark Eldar

Go down 
+26
asdrubal vect
Nepenthe
TheDuke
SirTainly
Lysis
Local_Ork
Urien Rakarth
Preacher
xzandrate
Foo
Kinnay
Torpedo Vegas
adesapere
Archon Farath Mure
Rabid Bunny
Radium
kargenetic
Todo13
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Hekate
shadow hunter
Baron Tordeck
Xelkireth
WrackInAction
Sky Serpent
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Forge World Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 13 2011, 13:41

Greetings all. With the second wave hitting us I would like to take a step back and look towards the future, primarily the work Forge World have made on the Dark Kin. At the Forge World Open Day, images of two new Dark Eldar vehicles began circling the net.

Let's take a look at these images, one by one.

Forge World Dark Eldar Doubleprow

A double prowed Raider work in progress by Daren Parrwood, this new ship gives a big nod to the double hull of the old FW Ravenwing. It draws heavily on the aesthetics of the new Raider while the silhouette grants it its own identity. Armed with two Dark Lances (and perhaps weapons in the prows; it is unclear), these will add an interesting alternative to the Dark Eldar range.

Forge World Dark Eldar Haywire

Dark Eldar Raider with Haywire Cannon. What I love the most about this model is the sail, perhaps more Japanese Junk Ship inspired than the Aethersails we know and love - and destined to cause problems with True Line Of Sight - it adds a greater sense of grandeur to the vehicle. The Haywire Cannon looks formidable and gave us our first taste of what the Haywire Blaster would look like.

Any new additions to the Dark Eldar range are most welcome, in fact we really have been spoiled recently.

Looking at Forge World's site, in particularly the Designers section you can see that Stuart Williamson 'is currently working on upgrade kits for the sinister Dark Eldar.' Whether this simply means the aforementioned Haywire Cannon or missing upgrades from the Codex, we do not know. Without descending into the realm of wish listing, some Enhanced Aethersails and slave girls would be nice.

And that my treacherous friends is that. Will we see them appear in the next couple of months? Or will we see them as part of a full scale FW release for Imperial Armour 12? Who knows, am I excited? Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
WrackInAction
Slave
WrackInAction

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 15:53

I'm a supporter of FW, especially the IA books and the fantastic fluff they produce. I usually end up converting the models from GW supply, however, since resin is so expensive and brittle.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 16:47

Whatever FW has in the works, I hope it's intense. I really can't think of what that double hulled raider could be.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 19:16

What do you guys think of using FW models in your armies? I for one am not overkeen as they feel unofficial to me; I could create the perfect, synergised list, rock up to a Throne Of Skulls and be told to go home.

I love what FW make and think the hobby is faaaarrrr better for it, I just prefer to stick to Codexes.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Mon May 16 2011, 19:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 19:20

I like the FW Apocalypse models. As far as their Imperial Armour army lists go, no one I play with excepts them outside of friendly games. No way the army list would ever be excepted in a tournament.

Then there is the issue of pricing. Forgeworld is ridiculously overpriced. If I can't scratch build the model in question out of plasticard and greenstuff, I'm not really interested. There's no point in which I could logically explain paying over $150 on one model.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 01:30

I like the Junk sails. Maybe those will be a Enhanced Aethersail conversion kit.

Which is the only thing I use FW for, converting things that GW doesnt have bits to convert from.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 19:56

Apparently a large Dark Eldar barge has been mooted - now that I would love to see.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 09:48

I love the look of the models that FW produce, but we never include them in games. We never feel that they aren't particularly balanced. They always seem to have a bit fanboy stats, and generally be over the top. Costs are another prohibitve.

I do buy things that can be used as regular items though. For instance the FW avatar. (still unpainted!!!)

Back to top Go down
Hekate
Slave
Hekate

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 12:25

I hope they release those; I would nab some of them for certain. I love the look of them. The whole 'galeonesque' look for the new line is very appealing to me. Must be my pirate side coming out or something.

Hekate Vakthiri

Such sweet corruption. ~ Lady Xanthypi, Kabal of the Malevolent Eye

Forge World Dark Eldar MalevolentEye2
[color=indigo]http://malevolenteye.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 09:04

There were also glimpses of other DE vehicle concepts at FW Open Day, mostly from Darren Parrwood's sketch book, which I think are worthwhile recording here. I have cropped the originals to concentrate on the drawings that appeared in the background.

The first belongs to Philbrad2 at Warseer. I cannot for the life of me find the source of the second photo and for that I must apologize to the owner, I will post the correct credit as soon as I find it again.
[edit] found it again, it's from TSINI's Lucky 88th blog

Forge World Dark Eldar FWDECannonRaiderconcept2

Forge World Dark Eldar DEbargeconcept1

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sun Jun 26 2011, 02:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 09:05

What is that last one? Six dark lances? *drool*
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 09:15

Looks like some DE equivalent to the Eldar Scorpion or Cobra. Hawt.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 11:38

Six dark lances!!!! Wow that looks like the staple of most people's apocalypse armies right there
Back to top Go down
kargenetic
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 11:43

Christ, man, couldn't you have put a warning or something before the pics? Now I need to change my underwear.

Seriously, though, that thing looks awesome. I may need to put a lot of money aside for these forgeworld releases. I heard it probably won't be until IA 13 Sad That's too bad, because GW is spoiling us so much already, I don't want to wait any longer!
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 16:18

kargenetic wrote:
releases. I heard it probably won't be until IA 13

We should get IA 13 in about a year or so, so it's not that bad Wink. Especially since that means we might even start getting the DE stuff in a couple of months.
I really like that last drawing, though. A double decked, double prowed, souped up ravager? YES PLEASE!

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 19:58

kargenetic wrote:
Christ, man, couldn't you have put a warning or something before the pics? Now I need to change my underwear.
That's pretty much how I felt.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 23:57

The last image is quite possibly the most exciting thing I've seen since I first saw the Raider.

Want.

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 00:00

Yeah... I'd probably sell a baby for that if I had one.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Bunny
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 02:38

That last concept is incredible, I can just see an Archon sitting on a throne at the top bit arrogantly:

"I want that tank dead! Make it happen!"

Also, as they're side mounted, you'll have some really cool broadside pirate style firefights.

One issue I have is the Aethersail designs, I find the current ones are a pain to transport, thin resin ones terrify me.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 03:15

Rabid Bunny wrote:
Also, as they're side mounted, you'll have some really cool broadside pirate style firefights.
That's the part I think is super cool. It's like a Jabba the Hut barge with dark lances bristling from every port and starboard hatch. Mmmmm... And Bobba Fett is really a Sslyth super badass. ^.^

Last edited by Xelkireth on Sat May 28 2011, 06:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 04:54

*looks at last picture* Holy crap. What's that monster's transport capacity?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 07:45

Rabid Bunny wrote:
One issue I have is the Aethersail designs, I find the current ones are a pain to transport, thin resin ones terrify me.

I magnetised all of mine, it's dead simple and makes transporting a dream. It's also handy on the tabletop, "Dead cardboard box? No problem, allow me to quickly remove my magnetic flying base and sail - et voila, immobilised."
Back to top Go down
adesapere
Hellion
adesapere

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 00:04

Oh man, those are some cool looking DE craft. Elegant, yet a subtle lethality lurking under the chassis. If one was handy* with plasticard the concepts wouldn't be hard to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 01:00

Wanted Levels-off the charts.

That catamaran looks great. Double raider, 2 Dark Lances, 20 Transport capacity maybe? Would be cool to have a full squad of wyches in there.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 01:06

This shows how much potential the new Dark Eldar designs have. Beautiful sketches, I when do you think the models will be available? First quartal 2012?

I just love that pimped-up super Ravager. As mentioned before by others, I also think three Dark Lances on each side allow for great broadside attacks and maneuvering games. Maybe there is a super heavy weapon mounted up front?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Dark Eldar   Forge World Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forge World Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next