THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
The Shredder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations Empty
PostSubject: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 12:00

I'm curious as to the general opinions of the Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps formations?

Are either of these worth considering? Or, is it better to stick with the Grotesquire and Dark Artisan Formations (I wasn't sure if Wracks were worth bothering with)?

If one or both is worth considering, any advice for equipping the Wracks/Haemonculi or suggestions for general tactics?

Also, does anyone use a Haemonculus with the Master Epicurean Warlord Trait? It seems... amusing (though I'd be in favour of renaming it 'Come at me, bro!') - especially if your opponent likes to focus on your Warlord. But, I can't help wondering if I should be looking for a warlord trait that actually supports my army - rather than one that rewards me for getting my warlord blown to smithereens. Wink

So, any thoughts on the above formations?

Last edited by The Shredder on Sun Dec 07 2014, 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 12:35

My personal opinion on the Fleshcorps is to only take it if you're looking to get a full Carnival; the Epicureans and Scalpel formations are better for Wracks.

As a quick side note: I don't mean to be the spelling nazi, but I've seen this crop up often enough on forums that I've seen the misspelling more than the correct one.  It should be 'corps,' like the Peace Corps or Marine Corps, not 'corpse,' like a dead body.  It seems like there is starting to be genuine confusion over this one.

But back on topic, I think the Epicureans are dynamite!  Especially when in range of Urien Rakarth, when they all become +2 on the chart.  The Cronos, since it isn't attached to anything, can go where it needs to.  Funny enough, if paired with the Fleshcorps, (if the latter is your Warlord) you can get a unit of Wracks with (functionally) a 3+ FNP.

Edit: Nevermind that last bit.

Last edited by Jimsolo on Sun Dec 07 2014, 17:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 14:16

Jimsolo wrote:
My personal opinion on the Fleshcorps is to only take it if you're looking to get a full Carnival; the Epicureans and Scalpel formations are better for Wracks.

Fair enough.

Jimsolo wrote:
As a quick side note: I don't mean to be the spelling nazi, but I've seen this crop up often enough on forums that I've seen the misspelling more than the correct one.  It should be 'corps,' like the Peace Corps or Marine Corps, not 'corpse,' like a dead body.  It seems like there is starting to be genuine confusion over this one.

Huh. Well that was some impressive misreading on my part. I actually thought it was 'corps', then re-read it and somehow managed to see it as 'corpse'. Genius. Embarassed

Jimsolo wrote:
But back on topic, I think the Epicureans are dynamite!  Especially when in range of Urien Rakarth, when they all become +2 on the chart.  The Cronos, since it isn't attached to anything, can go where it needs to.

Heh, I might give them a go then. Any recommendations for outfitting the wracks?

Jimsolo wrote:
Funny enough, if paired with the Fleshcorps, (if the latter is your Warlord) you can get a unit of Wracks with (functionally) a 3+ FNP.

So, for the mere cost of a Formation, a Warlord and a SC, we can get a unit to be as durable as tactical marines? Awsome. Wink
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 15:48

I love the Scarlet Epicureans, it gives you a great core (there's another way of spelling it!) to a Coven force and I personally think it combo's really well with a Grotesquerie including Urien Rakarth. Good idea on the Fleshcorps combo too.

Here's my take on it:
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 16:31

How do you get functional 3+ fnp?

I get that you have 4+ for the Fleshcorps wracks units (if within 12" of an apotheosis warlord), but a Chronos cannot improve fnp beyond 4+.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 17:39

Septimus wrote:
How do you get functional 3+ fnp?

I get that you have 4+ for the Fleshcorps wracks units (if within 12" of an apotheosis warlord), but a Chronos cannot improve fnp beyond 4+.

By smoking crack and confusing Spirit Probe with Nightmare Doll. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 17:46

The Shredder wrote:

Jimsolo wrote:
But back on topic, I think the Epicureans are dynamite!  Especially when in range of Urien Rakarth, when they all become +2 on the chart.  The Cronos, since it isn't attached to anything, can go where it needs to.

Heh, I might give them a go then. Any recommendations for outfitting the wracks?

Personally I eschew characters in Wrack squads if the isn't going to be a Haemmy in there.  I go with either five in a Venom and one Ossefactor, or ten in a Raider with two ossies.  Keep it cheap and simple.

The Shredder wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:
Funny enough, if paired with the Fleshcorps, (if the latter is your Warlord) you can get a unit of Wracks with (functionally) a 3+ FNP.

So, for the mere cost of a Formation, a Warlord and a SC, we can get a unit to be as durable as tactical marines? Awsome. Wink

Lol, apparently not.  However, we still get a unit that's Fearless, has two poisoned weapons, and FNP (which covers all kinds of crap armor doesn't).  As a unit, I love Wracks.  (I love Tac marines, too!) But if a St7 Monstrous creature just assaulted my unit, I know which one I'd rather they were!

Edit: Apparently the spelling issue is pretty widespread. It's even spelled 'fleshcorpse' in the Battlescribe entry.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 21:52

Jimsolo wrote:

Yes.
Add it to the list of banned terms, along with the "Pancreas Perverted" wargear Very Happy

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 21:58

Jimsolo wrote:

Personally I eschew characters in Wrack squads if the isn't going to be a Haemmy in there.  I go with either five in a Venom and one Ossefactor, or ten in a Raider with two ossies.  Keep it cheap and simple.

Ok.

Jimsolo wrote:

Lol, apparently not.  However, we still get a unit that's Fearless, has two poisoned weapons, and FNP (which covers all kinds of crap armor doesn't).  As a unit, I love Wracks.  (I love Tac marines, too!) But if a St7 Monstrous creature just assaulted my unit, I know which one I'd rather they were!

You see S7 MCs? Lucky you...

It's been a while since I saw a MC that wasn't S8+ pale

Plastikente wrote:
Yes.
Add it to the list of banned terms, along with the "Pancreas Perverted" wargear Very Happy

I kinda want to use that name anyway. It just makes me smile every time I see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 01:40

Which S8 MCs are you seeing, out of curiosity? The only real MCs I have to duck are Tyranids, Daemons, and the occasional C'Tan shard from the one guy who has two fully painted models and is bound and determined to still use them.

The salient point being, there is all kinds of stuff FNP applies to that an armor save can't help you with.

Not that I'm saying Wracks are superior to Space Marines, or that they are inferior. They're just so different, mechanically and in how they get used, it's hard to compare them.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 07:53

I'm going to venture a guess at Wraithknight and Dreadknight, both S10.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 09:09

Jimsolo wrote:
Which S8 MCs are you seeing, out of curiosity?  The only real MCs I have to duck are Tyranids, Daemons, and the occasional C'Tan shard from the one guy who has two fully painted models and is bound and determined to still use them.

Sigmaril wrote:
I'm going to venture a guess at Wraithknight and Dreadknight, both S10.

Yep, those are the ones. S8 Wraithlords too.

I also see a fair amount of power fists/claws.

Jimsolo wrote:

The salient point being, there is all kinds of stuff FNP applies to that an armor save can't help you with.

Oh, indeed.

Jimsolo wrote:
Not that I'm saying Wracks are superior to Space Marines, or that they are inferior.  They're just so different, mechanically and in how they get used, it's hard to compare them.

They are very different. I was just joking about the hoops we have to jump through to get a 3+ save. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 01:14

Lol, true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations   Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarlet Epicureans and Covenite Fleshcorps Formations
Page 1 of 1