THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ravagers are still there

Go down 
+3
The_Burning_Eye
Jimsolo
Mononcule
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

Ravagers are still there Empty
PostSubject: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 13:22

Hi,

With the Ravager nerf in the new codex (loss of aerial assault, increase in pts), the 7th edition change to vehicle damage charts (less explosions) and change to jink, and the buff to other DE AT options (scourges, reavers) it seemed like the best days of the good old ravager were gone.

I only played 4 games with the new codex (against Necrons, Orks and Blood Angels) but I still bring my 2 ravagers and they shine. To explode a Ghost Ark or a trukk in the first turn is still awesome, and in most of the games I played I didnt lost more than one of my ravagers by the end of the game.

I already use reavers. I just received my 10 scourges, so I'll test them in the next games. But I plan to continue using a few ravager vs mechanised matchups. Against armored infantry and light vehicles (necron warrior, space marines, ork buggies) I like to use 2 hybrid ravagers (2 DL, 1 Disintegrator).

What do you guys think? Is the ravager still a staple in your lists?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 13:44

Yep. It's still functionally immune to bolter fire and flamers. It still has superior range to most Scourge choices. And even at 125 points, its still pretty affordable.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 17:31

Indeed, I almost always bring a pair of ravagers - it's just that now it's not our only threat, so they actually can survive longer.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 17:37

I find that between our Raiders and our Ravagers, volume of fire helps deal with flyers.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 17:56

Sure they are still there, there is no 48' Lance besides Raiders and Ravagers, except flyers.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 20:18

Agreed - I've been sayng since day 1; they got nerfed, but we will still field them because they fill a role not filled elsewhere in the codex. I am still running 2-3 of them in every list I've built from this dex.

Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 21:49

Well, their nerf wasn't as catastrophic as say, wyches. They still function as they did but with a little less output. And if you were unsatisfied with their output before (like I was) you have less of a reason to field them now. Actually, wait, with the razorwing moved I may have a reason to field them now.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 22:28

I've yet to use them since the 7e codex came out.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07 2014, 22:31

I think Thor and Count's comments pretty much sum up why I like the current codex so much. Options!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 00:18

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I think Thor and Count's comments pretty much sum up why I like the current codex so much. Options!

100% agree

Thank you all for the answers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravagers are still there   Ravagers are still there I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ravagers are still there
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: