THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where do you start now?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Where do you start now? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you start now?   Where do you start now? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 09:41

I've been a 40K nut for about 8 years, playing Marines, then Skaven-counts-as-Tyranids, now a DE army using assorted non-GW minis.
Although I have kept up with Rules and Codex releases, I haven't paid much attention to models and sets.

A friend wants me to introduce his sons to 40K, something I did for my son and a dozen of his peers.

What are the options now for starter sets? I find the GW website ghastly for browsing, only any good if you know exactly what you are looking for.

It looks like Dark Vengeance is the starter set, but is the new Deathstorm another one? Are there any others?
Do they include Templates? DV says it does, but there are none in the pictures, Deathstorm doesn't mention it.

Thanks for any advice!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Where do you start now?   Where do you start now? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 09:49

My understanding is that Dark Vengeance is the game starter set - they don't tend to put templates in the pictures any more.

Deathstorm is, as I understand it, a starter set for specific armies, but I've also not heard any mention of it including templates etc, though it does have a small format copy of the rules.

I completely agree about the GW website, in fact I gave it a slating the other day in an online survey it asked me to complete having used it.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Where do you start now?   Where do you start now? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 12:42

As my mum always complains about instruction manuals for technical equipment, it has been designed by and for people who already know what they are talking about.

For the casual browser, and especially the non-gamer who might want to buy a present for the gamer in their life, it is hopelessly confusing.

A month back I tried to find the Strategic Objective cards, and it took me so long to find them I felt like a fool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you start now?   Where do you start now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you start now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: