THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Accolade
Slave
Accolade

Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points   Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 22:35

Greetings Everyone,

I've recently been considering getting into 7th edition (having played 4th-6th previously), and have started by purchasing and looking over the DE book.  

I've decided to go with a more pirate-theme, and figured I should run the Kabalite Raiding Party formation (which includes a mandatory Archon, Retinue, Incubi, six squads of Warriors/Trueborn, Hellions, and a Ravager).  In attempt to make those requirements work, I have come up with the following:

HQ
Archon w/ Huskblade, Shadow Field-      125

Lhaemean x5 in Raider w/ Dark Lance-    110

Elites
Incubi x3 w/ Klaivex in Venom w/ Extra Splinter Cannon-    135

Trueborn x5, Blaster x4 in Venom w/ Extra Splinter Cannon-    190

Troops
Kabalite x5 w/ Blaster x1 in Raider w/ Dark Lance-   115

Kabalite x5 w/ Blaster x1 in Raider w/ Dark Lance-   115

Kabalite x5 w/ Blaster x1 in Venom w/ Extra Splinter Cannon-   120

Fast Attack
Scourges x5, HWB x4-   120

Hellions x5-   65

Reavers x6, Cluster Caltrops x2-   126

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ Dark Lance x3, NS-   125

ARMY TOTAL-   1836

As you can see, I still have a few points left over.  I figure I would run the Archon with either the Incubi or Lhaemeans.  I can't think of much to do with the Hellions since they're pretty garbage so I just bought the minimum requirement.  

At the moment, this is what I've got going.  Let me know if you have any opinions on how this list can perform better.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points   Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 23:06

i think you cant have this 2 extra ravager if you want stay legal they are not for the formation. i know this sucks
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points   Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 23:11

and i dont know if can use trueborn
Back to top Go down
Accolade
Slave
Accolade

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points   Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 23:15

Hey fredpower, thanks for the clarification.  

I must not be understanding formations correctly then, would I need to purchase a separate HQ and two troops to be able to add units outside of the formation itself?  (i.e. the ravagers, reavers, and scourges).  I saw under the "Realspace Raider" rule for the formation that "If this formation is your primary detachment, then you can re-roll [etc.]" so  i took that to mean I just have to follow the guidelines of what made up the formation, but I might be wrong.

EDIT: I'm under the group that says trueborn count towards the total. I know this is an ambiguous ruling issue but I think most people I play against would be fine with it (it also seems to be the popular ruling in tournies).
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points   Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10 2014, 00:14

the trueborn i think can be used, and the rules i have problems tu get them too but i think you are right if you have a formation and a detachement you gain re-roll etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points   Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite Raiding Party- 1850 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: