THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aethersails and tank shock

Go down 
+4
Dra'al Nacht
Epimetheus
Vasara
Kahnartiste
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kahnartiste
Slave
Kahnartiste

Aethersails and tank shock Empty
PostSubject: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 06:32

I think I know the answer to this but can I use aethersails to tank shock further than 12 in? Since I'm pretty sure aethersails just let me move flat out further I wouldn't be able to, yea?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11 2014, 07:23

Sails only work in shooting phase so no benefit to tank shock.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Hellion
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 14:11

Doesnt the rules state that in the beginning of a move, you have to declare a tank shock.. not that it has to be during the movement phase?

Back to top Go down
Dra'al Nacht
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 15:56

Epimetheus wrote:
Doesnt the rules state that in the beginning of a move, you have to declare a tank shock.. not that it has to be during the movement phase?

To Tank Shock, you must be moving at least Combat Speed, which is only possible during the Movement Phase (pg73). Also, a Tank cannot move Flat Out in the same turn it performs a Tank Shock (pg75).
Back to top Go down
sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 13:12

im still new and reading the rules ok but can i move combat speed in the moment phase and then in the shooting phase do a tank shock because the rule only says i cant move flat out the same turn it did a tank shock not that i couldn't tank shock in the shooting phase when i use my flat out.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 13:19

If you can't move flat out in the same turn you perform a tank shock, you certainly can't do both at the same time!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 14:10

im not trying to be a childish here and i am relay trying to understand but were dose it say i cant? i can understand not being able to tank shock in movement phase then move flat out in shooting but that's not what im doing. im tank shocking in the shooting phase and since when i move in the shooting phase i flat out that what i would use. reading the rules it says "to perform a tank shock, first, turn the vehicle on the spot to face the direction you intend to move it and, after pre-measuring, declare how many inches the vehicle is going to move, up to its maximum speed" (page 92) it dose not say it can only be done during the movement phase just when i move.

again sorry if i seam really childish here and trying to start a fight im not i just learn best when something has been explained fully and i don't seam to get the from the rules book i feeling like im only getting half the rules because it dose not explained everything

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 14:20

I don't have my rulebook on me, but working from Dra'al Nacht's post above it states on p75 that a Tank cannot move Flat Out in the same turn it performs a Tank Shock. If you can't do it on the same turn, you certainly can't do it in the same movement.

It looks from your post above that you're looking at the section where it tells you how to perform a tank shock, not the part where it tells you when you can perform one. GW are notorious for doing this sort of thing and posting part of the rules for something in one place and part in another.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 14:23

As The_Burning_Eye has already pointed out, the two actions are mutually exclusive. The rules say:

Quote :
A Tank cannot move Flat Out in the same turn that it performs a Tank Shock.

The only way you can carry out a tank shock in the shooting phase is by moving flat out and you cannot move flat out in the same turn that you tank shock so it's just not possible!

In addition, whilst it is not explicitly stated, the rules do make it clear that tank shocks are carried out in the movement phase.

Quote :
the player can declare that it is going to attempt to Tank Shock or Ram instead of moving normally

Quote :
The vehicle must move at least Combat Speed

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Wed Jan 07 2015, 14:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 14:25

EASILY SOLVED!

Main rulebook, page 75.

Quote :
MOVING FLAT OUT
A vehicle can elct to move Flat Out instead of firing in the Shooting phase, immediately moving 6"; this move triggers Dangerous terrain tests as normal. A Tank caanot move Flat Out in the same turn that it performs a Tank Shock."

Aethersails increase the Flat Out distance.
You CANNOT Tank Shock in the same turn as you Flat Out.
Ergo you cannot use Aethersails as part of a Tank Shock.

EDIT: Ugh. Two other people post exactly the same thing in the time it took me to write this post. Tisk.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
sebbunny
Slave
sebbunny

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 14:32

ok thank you all i think ill start taking notes as i read the rule book so i can look back to those parts when i have questions like this and not have to make thees simple mistakes Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aethersails and tank shock   Aethersails and tank shock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aethersails and tank shock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: