THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

To make up for having no lord of war...

Go down 
+4
Dragontree
Korwey
The_Burning_Eye
The Red King
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

To make up for having no lord of war... Empty
PostSubject: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 04:06

RUMOUR has it that the blood angels will get two LoW... you know to make up for screwing over the dark Eldar... just... thanks GW. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 08:39

Not so sure rumour really covers it - there are two lord of war entries in one of the pictures on the sample download of the codex on iBooks. Gabriel Seth and Dante - both Chapter Masters, which kinda makes sense following Logan Grimnar and Ghazghkull, though it does make it far more confusing why Vect wasn't included.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 09:17

I guess this is just a "why does GW hate us" thread and that doesn't help anyone... Still a little miffed though lol.

Hellion
Korwey

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 10:39

They just don't sell Vects model and you know their no model - no rules policy. I think we'll get our LoW sometime next year Smile They'll run out of codex updates, so all those missing pieces for 40k will have to be released. If they focus only on WHFB they will starve;)
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 10:57

If I'm hoping against everything....

Nagash was a massive evil badass character without model or rules and brought back in a big way for Warhammer End times...

Maybe, just maybe (though unlikely), Vect will get the same treatment as a big bad ass who rampages around in the 40K endtimes showing how awesome we are. With something to do with Khaines gate thrown in, maybe the blessing of the eldar god (cegorach maybe) for not deviating from the original sins of eldar and generally being a boss dude...

I can dream....

EDIT - though maybe Malekith escaping the destruction of naggaroth is more Apt with Vect taking control of the whole eldar race as the one true ruler

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 11:10

Dragontree wrote:
If I'm hoping against everything....

Nagash was a massive evil badass character without model or rules and brought back in a big way for Warhammer End times...

Maybe, just maybe (though unlikely), Vect will get the same treatment as a big bad ass who rampages around in the 40K endtimes showing how awesome we are. With something to do with Khaines gate thrown in, maybe the blessing of the eldar god (cegorach maybe) for not deviating from the original sins of eldar and generally being a boss dude...

I can dream....

EDIT - though maybe Malekith escaping the destruction of naggaroth is more Apt with Vect taking control of the whole eldar race as the one true ruler

Keep dreaming! End times is not happening for 40k.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 11:22

I said hoping against everything Razz

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 12:35

The success of the Tyranids not-pod leads me to hope that some more single release units might be in the future. Maybe a not-Baron and a not-Duke. (And maybe a not Vect. You know, if there's time left after giving me my SCs back.)
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 17:31

Korwey wrote:
They'll run out of codex updates, so all those missing pieces for 40k will have to be released.

Or they'll just release 8th ed.

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 21:09

Calyptra wrote:
Korwey wrote:
They'll run out of codex updates, so all those missing pieces for 40k will have to be released.

Most codices are already up-to-date with the 7th. Blood Angels just got theirs. Dark Angels, Necrons and Tau are still due, and the only real elephant left outside the room are Sisters of Battle (they are now pretty much where Dark Eldar were in 2009).
Eventually, the cycle will start anew, probably with Chaos Daemons.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 22:21

Rokuro wrote:
Calyptra wrote:
Korwey wrote:

Most codices are already up-to-date with the 7th. Blood Angels just got theirs. Dark Angels, Necrons and Tau are still due

If you're not counting DA and Tau as up-to-date then neither are CSM, Daemons, Eldar, SM, AM, Tyranids and all of the mini-dexes such as Knights, Inquisition, LotD etc.

Realistically, the only codex needing updating to the current version of the game is Necrons and that's pretty much confirmed as the next codex, judging by the latest Black Library releases - "The necrons join the war for shieldworlds"

Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 22:54

Count Adhemar wrote:
Rokuro wrote:
Most codices are already up-to-date with the 7th. Blood Angels just got theirs. Dark Angels, Necrons and Tau are still due

If you're not counting DA and Tau as up-to-date then neither are CSM, Daemons, Eldar, SM, AM, Tyranids and all of the mini-dexes such as Knights, Inquisition, LotD etc.

Realistically, the only codex needing updating to the current version of the game is Necrons and that's pretty much confirmed as the next codex, judging by the latest Black Library releases - "The necrons join the war for shieldworlds"

You're right, I shouldn't have counted them. I went by how well their rules seem adapted for 7th, based more on the perception of other players than my own. I have never played either DA or Tau.

I still have my hopes up for a Sisters of Battle update, with actual new releases, in 2015 though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To make up for having no lord of war...   To make up for having no lord of war... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To make up for having no lord of war...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: