THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs

Go down 
+5
Its_Rumble
Sigmaril
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
The Shredder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs Empty
PostSubject: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15 2014, 23:24

Let's say you're using the either Dark Artisan or Grotesquire formation (or any similar army).

How would you use your multi-wound models against GKs - where everything has (or can have) instant death?
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15 2014, 23:52

I would use them in a comical fashion. Perhaps grabbing them by each arm and wiggling them to make it appear as if they're dancing off the table jovially and leaping back into the case from whence they came.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 00:01

Is Force still a psychic power? Does it still require activation every turn?
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 00:06

Jimsolo wrote:
Is Force still a psychic power?  Does it still require activation every turn?
yes
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 00:12

Have a Culexus assassin standing 7 inches behind your multiwound models Smile
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 03:09

Expletive Deleted wrote:
I would use them in a comical fashion. Perhaps grabbing them by each arm and wiggling them to make it appear as if they're dancing off the table jovially and leaping back into the case from whence they came.

hahahaha. Very good advice. Yea, mass splinter fire makes short work of some termies. Those things want to be in CC don't let em.

Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 08:25

Elm of Despite can help, I think
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 09:21

Lock the door. And hope they don't have blasters.

I would throw all my dice at dispelling Force and hope for the best. I did actually come up against something similar a couple of weeks ago where a Chaos Sorceror with Force Axe and some Terminators piled into an ongoing fight between my Dark Artisans and some Necron Warriors (yes, I know!). Fortunately I got lucky and despite activating Force and hitting me 3 times the Sorceror still needed 5+ to wound and fluffed all 3 rolls. My Talos then kindly eviscerated him the following turn.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 10:14

Expletive Deleted wrote:

lol!

Count Adhemar wrote:
Lock the door. And hope they don't have blasters.

I would throw all my dice at dispelling Force and hope for the best. I did actually come up against something similar a couple of weeks ago where a Chaos Sorceror with Force Axe and some Terminators piled into an ongoing fight between my Dark Artisans and some Necron Warriors (yes, I know!). Fortunately I got lucky and despite activating Force and hitting me 3 times the Sorceror still needed 5+ to wound and fluffed all 3 rolls. My Talos then kindly eviscerated him the following turn.

Hah, nice.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 14:17

For the record, a chaos sorcerer with an axe would just be S5, so needing 6's against T7 Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 14:46

Sigmaril wrote:
For the record, a chaos sorcerer with an axe would just be S5, so needing 6's against T7 Smile

Even better then! I'd have been really peeved if I'd found out now that he needed 6's and he'd killed my Dark Artisans on 5's! Very Happy

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16 2014, 23:00

I'd definitely go the route of reserving denial dice for Force. I usually include a Farseer, which helps the odds.
Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17 2014, 23:59

Is power axe not +2 str?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 00:41

Power Sword: S(user), AP3
Power Axe: S(+1), AP2, Unweildy
Power Maul/stave/etc: S(+2), AP4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs   Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Artisan or Grotesquire against GKs
Page 1 of 1