THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do units inside a transport score?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Do units inside a transport score? Empty
PostSubject: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 10:37

This came up in a recent game, and I wasn't sure how to play it.

Now that everything (almost) scores, I'd never bothered to think about whether a unit inside a transport can score independently of the transport. However, some maelstrom missions offer bonus VPs for having 3 or more scoring units in certain locations.

In this instance, does a transport containing a unit count as one scoring unit, or two?
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 12:50

well they're two separate units for vp purposes (purge the alien etc) but only one unit can hold any one objective, so they wouldn't count as two units holding objectives in a maelstrom mission. The advantage however is that if the transport is sat holding the objective and gets blown up, the unit inside will still be in a scoring position.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 13:23

I believe the rules for which units count as scoring rule out units inside transport vehicles.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 13:45

Do you have a page for that squid?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 14:02

Actually, on double checking, I have to take it back and agree that an unit in a Transport CAN hold an objective.

Looking at the book, units embarked on transports are NOT ruled out, however units embarked on Zooming FLyers are specifically ruled out. It seems odd that would be specified instead of Transports in general, so I now have to generally agree that a unit in a Transport CAN hold an objective.

Of course the only time this would be useful is if a Transport is in range of more than one Objective marker, so that the unit and vehicle can declare they are holding different markers.
Or in the case of Objective Secured, if the Transport is not a Troops choice but the unit within is.

Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 15:12

or in cases where you need 3+ scoring units in your opponents deployment zone to get additional victory points.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 19:15

Yes, Behind Enemy Lines was where it came up. It might apply to Hold the Line also.

We played that the transported unit could also score as we couldn't find anything saying they couldn't.

It felt a little wrong but maybe that's just edition hangover.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24 2014, 10:34

With something like Behind Enemy Lines, I can completely agree that a unit in a transport count separately.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do units inside a transport score?   Do units inside a transport score? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do units inside a transport score?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: