THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Good tactics against basilisks

Go down 
+3
Thor665
1++
Dracon Zobel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracon Zobel
Slave
Dracon Zobel

Good tactics against basilisks Empty
PostSubject: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25 2014, 19:59

My friend has an army Astra Militrarum and he has a crap of basilisks. I was wondering if there was a certain way to take them out without losing to many units. I know that the Dark Eldar are a more hit and run kind of army, would i use their fast vehicles to try and maneuver myself to attack range?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 00:05

What does your army list look like when facing him? We have a vast array of deepstriking units at our disposal now at this can be a good tactic against units like Basilisks

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 01:29

Moving this from 'Announcements' to 'Tactics' - if you can't figure out why...well Razz

The big question tends to be what you are fielding - but the quick answer for Basilisks is 'long range anti-tank' as that will allow you to start knocking at them Turn 1 pretty much no matter where they deploy.

DSing in anti-mech stuff can potentially be good, especially since we can do it without scattering and Basilisks have nice flimsy side and rear armor - though I would usually feel that there would likely be more vital targets than Basilisks at that stage.

Honestly, just aggressively moving up the board and getting in under their range is a pretty amazing way to nerf them too. I love Basilisks, but I tend to love them in Apoc, not in standard 40k.

Back to top Go down
Dracon Zobel
Slave
Dracon Zobel

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 19:09

Well being new to Dark Eldar and I was planning on getting a small army for now. I was going to start with two squads of warriors w/ a raider, a voidraven bomber, some reaver jet bikes, and an Archon for my HQ. My friend plays IG and Space Marines and doesn't field a lot of aircraft and anti aircraft so i thought that the voidraven would be good. Any advice or help with using this army would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 20:57

What's the rear armor on basilisks?
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 21:36

If he is mech heavy and leaves them almost undefended a good (read as fun) tactic would be 5 scourges 4 blaster and an archon with a blaster and wwp. This is dangerous but if hes one of those AM players who think you cant get to his artillery you can prove him wrong. Similarly the same build but with trueborn in a raider instead of scourges will net you one more S8 AP2 shot and somthing to eat fire for your archon and the trueborn.

These options are not necessarily cheap points wise but can work wonders on an unsuspecting enemy.

250 points for scourges and archon

285 points for archon and trueborn in a DL raider

Im a fan of my anti-mech landing where i need it Hence the unnecessary addition of the archon and wwp, But find what works for you. Our army has a handful of options for anti-mech you just have to find the one that works with what you field

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 01:23

MSU Haywire Scourge squads, 4 haywire blasters per unit.
Back to top Go down
clever handle
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 04:37

unless you're super-keen on the looks of the voidraven, leave it on the shelf & instead go for a razorwing jetfighter. Better rules, cheaper implementation, smaller target in game.

Basilisks really aren't that scary, if you're in a raider, jink to gain a 4+/3+ save against their firepower, boost forwards aggressively towards them, and shoot any of our limited AT at them. Reavers w/ bladevane impact hits are quite effective as well as the basilisk is side/rear AV10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good tactics against basilisks   Good tactics against basilisks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good tactics against basilisks
Page 1 of 1