THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maestitia
Hellion
Maestitia

Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? Empty
PostSubject: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26 2014, 23:16

Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? VJPBDYS

Hail denizens fo Commorragh !

I'm new in the Dark City and despite the Codex is mine, I'm lost like hell...
I read a lot of topics, watch videos, battle reports, etc... I thought here was the right place to become a true pirate of the webway bounce

I also checked the army lists section and wow, there're so many templates !
I would like to play fast and hard with reavers (minimum 3 with caltrops) and wytches plus Succubus instead of Lelith (overpriced from what I've read) but except those few units, I don't know what to buy, that's why I'm here.

I'm looking for a 1k5 army list without Coven formations. Just want to slice some mon-keigh before they can see me.
I saw a reserve tactic which works really nicely, how does this work ?
I'm a begenner and I want to lear how to play those deadly eldars

Thanks a lot in advance !

Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 04:46

The hardest part to find is balance but reavers have the most utility in our codex for the most part, take a blaster (or heatlance if thats your fancy) for every other caltrop (minimum) and reavers can give you great melee AND anti-mech they will flounder against flamers though so watch out. Just remember to hit and run on their turn

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2014, 06:12

Maestitia wrote:
I would like to play fast and hard with reavers (minimum 3 with caltrops) and wytches plus Succubus instead of Lelith (overpriced from what I've read) but except those few units, I don't know what to buy, that's why I'm here.
Reavers are good. So is the Succubus. Frankly, I think Lelith is decent also.
Wyches are one of the worst things in the codex right now though, so you are choosing an upward battle if choosing to take them. They need a fair bit of babysitting.

Maestitia wrote:
I'm looking for a 1k5 army list without Coven formations. Just want to slice some mon-keigh before they can see me.
Why not put together a list of your own and submit it for review? At the end of the day you'll learn a lot by not only designing a list, but then getting to hear what people think about it and what they suggest to improve it.

Maestitia wrote:
I saw a reserve tactic which works really nicely, how does this work ?
There are a few different reserve tactics with our army - without knowing which one you saw it's hard to say how it works. Generally speaking it involves WWPs and Scalpel Squadrons (though if you want to avoid Coven you'd avoid those). Allies are often part of them, for the Autarch, or a fortification for the comm relay. Flyers also often show up in those lists.

Back to top Go down
Maestitia
Hellion
Maestitia

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 05:23

Thanks a lot for your answers !
I'm a fresh beginner and thirsty for knowledge !

I search a beginner tactic which will work again all and nothing. I mean, I need incubi against terminators for example. But it's not the only choice, there're so many but I've to choose one, the basic one I guess.

I'll try the Realspace Raiders Detachment with :
- Succubus (The Armour of Misery) and incubi in a venom for a great striking force.
- 10 kabalites with splinter with raider may be two ?
- Reavers for sure, love the model and caltrops are wonderful to disturb and make pression.
The rest are in reserve like 5 trueborns with 4 blasters in a venom, classic and deadly combo from what I've read. Even mandrakes and beastmasters are now fun to play... So much choices !

I don't want grotesques or haemi, want to learn playing classic units first. Concerning big aircrafts like voidbomber, razorwing and all this gang I'm the biggest noob.
I don't think I'll play 1k5 games soon, I need a little roster which can burst the ennemi in early game.
May be it's not the right tactic for a beginner, but we play Dark Eldars don't we pirat

Your thoughts ?

doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 16:03

Playing dark Eldar requires a lot of finesse. We have gotten some buffs with our vehicles and jink which has made us more resilient. But essentially, we need to "orchestrate" our attacks. I play an army that usually has a balanced list of anti infantry (shooting and melee) with anti tank as in any list. However, all of my lists ALWAYS has a "distractionary" unit. Something that is fast and scary to force your opponent to make quick off the cuff decisions. (Raider filled with grotesques usually does well) I enjoy playing the player more than anything. Welcome to the dark city fellow archon. I'm sure you'll find out evil space elves an absolute joy. And everyone on this forum (so far) has been helpful and usually very nice about advice. Have fun!

Maestitia
Hellion
Maestitia

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 17:31

doomseer11b wrote:
Playing dark Eldar requires a lot of finesse.  We have gotten some buffs with our vehicles and jink which has made us more resilient.  But essentially, we need to "orchestrate" our attacks.  I play an army that usually has a balanced list of anti infantry (shooting and melee) with anti tank as in any list.  However, all of my lists ALWAYS has a "distractionary" unit.
Exactly !
That's why I don't want too much units/options for my first games. Then a combination of anti infantry (kabalite+raider) and anti vehicles (truborn with blasters+venom) and a distractionary unit like you said in the units of reavers with caltrops.

A last question for building my tactics : how many points for standard games ? 1k is correct ? Cause 1k5 is a lot of mini and I've a few.
Thanks for reading me !

Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 18:18

"Standard Game" varies from group to group, but the prevalent ones are 1500 and 1850 points.
Back to top Go down
Maestitia
Hellion
Maestitia

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2014, 22:43

Thanks a lot !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?   Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost in High Commorragh - Which tactics for beginners ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: