THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Psykic Powers and Fortifcations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

Psykic Powers and Fortifcations Empty
PostSubject: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 09:23

I thought I would bring this little gem here for a discussion. I was playing against an Eldar player with multiple Farseers that had generated Invisibility among other nasty powers.  Now to add insult to injury he brought the Aquila Stronghold to counter my Reverent Titan, which is fine and all until he decided he was going to cast Invisibility on his fortification.  We both scoured the BRB and came to the same conclusion that it was a legitimate according to the rules.  I'll quote the rules that brought us to this conclusion, I just wanna hear what you guys think cause honestly you guys are great at figuring out these conundrums.

- Friendly and Enemy Models:
All models on the same side are friendly models.  Models controlled by the opposing side are enemy models.... etc.

- A claimed building is a unit in the controlling player's army and will remain so, even if it later becomes unoccupied, until the building is either destroyed or claimed by an enemy.

(P.S. I got tabled.  My Titan went down quick to the Aquila as did the rest of my army, cause lets face it Dark Eldar realistically can't answer AV15 with Void shields and Invisibility on it lol)

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 09:39

Rulebook p. 110
When determining if a building can be targeted by a shooting attack or psychic power, charged and fought in close combat, or affected by a special rule, treat the building as a vehicle unless specifically stated otherwise.

Quote :
(P.S. I got tabled.  My Titan went down quick to the Aquila as did the rest of my army, cause lets face it Dark Eldar realistically can't answer AV15 with Void shields and Invisibility on it lol)
AV 15 = Easy
Void Shield = Easy
Invis = Not so much Very Happy

Edit: On a side not.... The Aquilla being invisible probably meant his psycker was not invisible, so why not just kill him?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 21:38

No doubt they were inside.

Hellion
Javorra

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 22:00

The Red King wrote:
No doubt they were inside.

In that case the psy shouldn't be limited to cast witchfires only?
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Hellion
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 10:24

Witchfire only if the psyker was inside. Otherwise just kill the farseer sounds about right
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 16:30

What about them being on battlements ?

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 17:37

That would work. But you would still be able to shoot them then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psykic Powers and Fortifcations   Psykic Powers and Fortifcations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psykic Powers and Fortifcations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: