THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Black Library reply to Court of the Archon

Go down 
+13
Evil Space Elves
Crazy_Irish
Grimcrimm
Thor665
Mushkilla
ShadowcatX
Sigmaril
Jimsolo
Klaivex Charondyr
kourac31
commandersasha
Vasara
Laughingcarp
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Black Library reply to Court of the Archon Empty
PostSubject: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 18:35

Hey all! This was posted on the Dark Eldar Facebook group so I figured I'd share since we all know this is a hot topic and all.

Black Library reply to Court of the Archon Court_10

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 18:46

Thats what it says in the dex already.

But now there should be no naysaying to the matter.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 18:50

The extensive discussion showed there was room for interpretation, but this seems to remove it! Hurrah!
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 20:45

And this kind of HQ won't lead your army anyway since they can't be your warlord (not a character). But the Archon could have send them as his representative ( Lhamaean ) or as a supporting gift (medusae, slyth, ur ghuls) to a promising sybarite or arena champion. So it's even fluffwise.

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30 2014, 22:44

I still think its pretty stupid, but I don't complain.
Thats a lot of points safed for not having a "proper" HQ and the Abberation is a more durable Warlord anyways Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 00:39

Ugh. It seems super wrong not to have a Warlord.

I've seen several people now talk about "Adam" from Black Library. Are his rulings official in any way? Or is he just some wage slave providing random answers?
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 01:57

The only official rulings are the ones provided in the GW FAQ's, abundantly negligent as they may be. I'm not saying they're not the right answers, just that they aren't official....
Back to top Go down
ShadowcatX
Hellion
ShadowcatX

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 04:41

You would still have a warlord. This doesn't change that. That said, his answer is perfectly within the RAW of the codex, which in and of itself is pretty clear.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 07:09

It's the same with techpriests from the Grey Knight codex, you can take them as a HQ on their own, but if you take another HQ choice (that isn't a tech marine) they don't take up a slot. RAW it's clear. RAI well that depends on how you interpret the fluff, I don't see it being too unreasonable that an Archon sends one of his henchmen to oversee a raid in his place on Commorragh Poker Night.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 08:31

Jimsolo wrote:
Ugh.  It seems super wrong not to have a Warlord.
All armies are obligated to have a Warlord.
Unless you mean 'HQ' to which I might suggest that something like an IG CCS is not really that different from a Court as an HQ selection.

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 13:57

Jimsolo wrote:

I've seen several people now talk about "Adam" from Black Library.  Are his rulings official in any way?  Or is he just some wage slave providing random answers?

Your warlord can be any CHARACTER, if you have none it can be any model
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31 2014, 23:30

Grimcrimm wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

I've seen several people now talk about "Adam" from Black Library.  Are his rulings official in any way?  Or is he just some wage slave providing random answers?

Yes, I know, lol. Razz But you know and I know that that isn't a real warlord. I want some kind of commander on the field, not just nominating schlub grotesque #3 as my warlord. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, but it seems about as fluffy as running a buffmander in my SM devastator squads was last edition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02 2015, 00:32

I honestly don't understand why people don't think having a "lower-rank" type model as warlord is un-fluffy. Of course it is an opinion so I'm not calling anyone on anything, just saying I don't get it.

In real earth wars, what happens when the general is killed in action? The guy next-in-line takes over, and so on.
What happens when the action is deemed "too hot" for the proper commander to step onto the front lines? He sends a soldier who isn't important enough in the big picture of the war.
What happens when an Archon is lazy, or worried about a particularly savage assassination attempt, or otherwise occupied flensing slaves? He sits back on his magnificent butt behind layers and layers of defences and troops while sending out his minions to do the dirty work!

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 18:59

Laughingcarp wrote:
What happens when an Archon is lazy,..
He gets killed ;-)

But I can understand you. A great way to let a Dracon be the"Bauss" again. Sadly he does not come all that prepared...

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 20:30

Thank you for posting this @laughingcarp. I forwarded this to Reece at Frontline gaming after we recorded an interview with them for the Splintermind podcast. You'll hear why if you listen to the episode Very Happy

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 20:34

Thanks for the post a lot of people were arguing that they weren't HQ even though it said they were.
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 17:59

Jimsolo wrote:
Grimcrimm wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

Yes, I know, lol.  Razz   But you know and I know that that isn't a real warlord.  I want some kind of commander on the field, not just nominating schlub grotesque #3 as my warlord.  I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, but it seems about as fluffy as running a buffmander in my SM devastator squads was last edition.  Very Happy

I see what your getting at but when i buy the leader upgrade for a reaver squad and say hes my warlord he is now an archon on a bike or an aspiring arena champion with everything to prove on this raid. in our army characters matter because they are not forced whereas almost every other army needs to take character in there squads.

So if the fluff hurts you remember This guy is important
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 21:29

Um, any MODEL may be the warlord if you don't have a character?
so can my TANTALUS be my warlord? Question

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 22:40

non-vehicle
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 23:30

Surprisingly, the rules don't specify that it has to be non-vehicle:

"Unless specified otherwise, this must be a character model. If you do not have any character models in your army, then select any other model in your army to be the Warlord."

Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 00:33

Erebus wrote:
Surprisingly, the rules don't specify that it has to be non-vehicle:

"Unless specified otherwise, this must be a character model. If you do not have any character models in your army, then select any other model in your army to be the Warlord."

Lolz, that seems a little overlooked but I can't imagine that no-one hasn't abused this yet!
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 00:41

Don't think it is meant to be abused; Astra Militarum can not-uncommonly run into the situation of not actually having a character or infantry model on the board at all if they're running a parking lot, among other armies/lists.

@Evil Space Elves, my pleasure!
Do you mean the upcoming Splintermind episode 7?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Library reply to Court of the Archon   Black Library reply to Court of the Archon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Library reply to Court of the Archon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: