THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flesh Gauntlet

Go down 
+5
Calyptra
Hellstrom
Jimsolo
Thor665
The Shredder
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 20:09

clever handle wrote:

why would you revert to T4?  Is there a rules reference for this?  My understanding is that you're still part of the unit & thus benefit from the UNIT's majority toughness - my understanding is that the only "change" is that you only count as being in B2B with the challenger, unless all other models are removed from the combat...

I don't have my book handy, but I thought you only used the unit's toughness if the attacker is attacking the whole unit.

Since he's only hitting the challenger, surely he'd just use the challenger's toughness?

Again, I don't have my book, so I can't check at the moment. I'd have to look at the rules for challenges and for attacking units with multiple toughness values.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:18

He'd roll to wound vs T7, but the Haemmy is still T4 for the purposes of ID, which is always on a per-model basis.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:55

The Shredder wrote:
clever handle wrote:

why would you revert to T4?  Is there a rules reference for this?  My understanding is that you're still part of the unit & thus benefit from the UNIT's majority toughness - my understanding is that the only "change" is that you only count as being in B2B with the challenger, unless all other models are removed from the combat...

Since he's only hitting the challenger, surely he'd just use the challenger's toughness?

But he IS hitting the entire unit, isn't he? Smile
Remember that any wounds left over after killing the challenger spill over into the rest of the unit (and the other way around too). The challenge itself really only means that the character gets to die first instead of last.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:59

Under fighting a challenge the rules are quite clear - you use your own toughness and weapon skill, not majority.

Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 22:04

Well.. whaddaya know..... Reading rules pays off..... Who whould have known... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 23:24

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flesh Gauntlet   Flesh Gauntlet - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flesh Gauntlet
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2