THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!

Go down 
+35
Tangentical
Siticus the Ancient
Chaeril
Count Adhemar
Cavash
The_Burning_Eye
Mr_Pink
mot666
Vael Galizur
Skari
kenny3760
Skjalgepalg
Archeonlotet
Wolfeslad
red_head
Evil Space Elves
Massaen
Thor665
GAR
darkmark
SirTainly
Local_Ork
Fletch
Foo
Gobsmakked
Hadriel Caine
Vanq
Kinnay
Mirtos
Radium
Sky Serpent
The Eye of Error
Xelkireth
Todo13
Saintspirit
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 20:40

So, the bastard Ramandhir deserted and fled to Tonesh-Ian. Taro Nagae took over the kabal, now the Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix, the better to defile their foolish kinsmen of the craftworlds. This will be my project (b)log of painting the models of it! The colours I have chosen are dark green armour (extreme highlights of scorpion green) and probably red and/or silver details.
These are the first Kabalite Warriors (sorry, no paint, I have yet to spray them):

Sybarite
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140827

Splinter Cannoneer and Shredder
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140828

Other guys
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140829
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140830

You maybe noted the tenth guy is missing. His head is missing, and I don't like to use the helmetless so I'll see if I can find one somewhere else. Perhaps he shall wield the helmet of a decapitated Aspect Warrior?

Last edited by Saintspirit on Sun May 22 2011, 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 20:56

I like the poses on those!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 21:37

I agree. Killer poses. I can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 21:39

Nice to see that you are getting well under way, the poses are certainly good as Todo13 and Xelkireth have already mentioned.
I really like the shredder, I know it's the underdog to the blaster in most army lists, but from a modeling perspective it just looks a lot better!

I've not got much more to say at this stage, but I'll certainly be paying close attention to this thread. Good work so far Saintspirit.

Edit: Yay! Just got upgraded from a slave to a Kabalite Warrior Very Happy

Edit 2: I've got some spare Dire Avenger sprues kicking about and I'd happily post some helmets to you if you wanted them (No charge)

Last edited by Ariensis on Sun May 22 2011, 21:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: Random Happiness Edit 2: Bitz offer)
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 22:13

Thanks all, yes I did try to make the poses a bit interesting.

Could mention that part of the reason I chose the shredder was that one needs blasters for the trueborn (who will by the way be very converted).

Quote :
Edit: Yay! Just got upgraded from a slave to a Kabalite Warrior
As did I! Very Happy

Quote :
I've got some spare Dire Avenger sprues kicking about and I'd happily post some helmets to you if you wanted them (No charge)
That's generous of you, I suppose I could use some helmets, although I do in fact play Eldar as well, so it shouldn't be a large task to find something Wink

Last edited by Saintspirit on Thu Feb 16 2012, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 20:15

Ok, here's the first painted model; there are some highlights I am not completely happy with, but I suppose you may consider this one a test model for the scheme:
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140851
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140852
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1140853

What do you think of the colours?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 20:27

Looking good Saintspirit. I thought you were having red or silver details? While the blue details aren't bad I think the red would have worked better with the green. If you made that change and perhaps added some colour to the dagger on the back (Purple perhaps) then that would make it "pop" a lot more.

Overall you've done a really nice job. I'm especially impressed by your work on the "loin cloth" (I'm dreading painting them)
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 20:31

Hmm yeah you may have a point with the blu vs. red, I'll see how that looks (plus I am not very happy about the eyes).

The loincloth wasn't hard. Try tallarn flesh basecoat, gryphonne sepia wash, tallarn flesh + bleached bone highlight.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 20:31

I'm digging it. I love the little hook on the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 20:43

I like the color scheme. I also like that skull on the helmet! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 23:26

The hook is cool. Remember your colour wheel - opposite colours are complementary, ie go with a red to accent the green. I actually like the eyes, they look really powerful, you could wash them down to a pink if you do go with the red.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 21:21

@Xelkireth - Thanks. yeah, I thought that would add a nice touch to the guardian helmet.

@LuckyNo.5 - Same as above tongue

@Sky Serpent - I have in fact chenged the blue to red now, it looks much better now. I also painted a second guy, however the camera is absent right now Mad

BTW, entered a painting competition today. Came at third place with by bestigor squad, though I found them just as good looking as the ones at first and second place...
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 21:34

Sky Serpent wrote:
The hook is cool. Remember your colour wheel - opposite colours are complementary, ie go with a red to accent the green.

While this is true, the direct opposite creates a very strong contrast that most people don't really like. Going with a colour triad is easier on the eyes. So accenting green with purple and orange would be better than going with straight up red.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:36

As the camera is finally back, I can show you the two finished warriors I have:
Common guy
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! 229533_sm-Dark%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Kabalite%2C%20Rifle%2C%20Splinter%2C%20Warriors
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! 229534_sm-Dark%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Kabalite%2C%20Rifle%2C%20Splinter%2C%20Warriors

And the fixed first guy
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! 229535_sm-Dark%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Kabalite%2C%20Rifle%2C%20Splinter%2C%20Warriors

I found this red detailing to make a much better contrast to the green highlighting, especially the red eyes.
I have two more warriors that are nearly finished will show them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:44

Looks a lot better this way! Nice going so far.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:05

Yeah. I agree with Radium. The red looks a lot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 08:21

Glad to see you've gone back to your original idea and taken advice onboard, as I also think that they look a lot better this way. (The "glowing" eyes are especially nice) I look forward to seeing more Saintspirit.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 19:37

That is good to hear. I have two nearly finished models, there is just the few flexes and the bases that needs to be painted:
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! 229945_sm-Dark%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Kabalite%2C%20Rifle%2C%20Splinter%2C%20Warriors
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 19:33

Success!
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150364
Four of the warriors in the box will be trueborn (blasters) and I have already 5 scourges, so in total I have 16 warriors, 10 scourges, 3 reavers, 1 raider, archon (haven't shown it yet) and 10 wyches. Will work into something, this. The PG:s are for the cloaks and the icons.
In adition to that, I have finished the first squad warriors. Not much left on the June vow, very good that.
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150365
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150366
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150367
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150368
Back to top Go down
Mirtos
Slave
Mirtos

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 21:01

I Really like the paint scheme...its the one I had in mind for painting my own DE... Did you wash the models at all with black or perhaps green wash..
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 21:21

Yes, I did indeed do a green wash before the final highlight.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 23:15

Saintspirit, wait til you get your greedy little mits on the scourges. Without a doubt, those are the best models GW has done in years.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 18:42

Oh yes, they are gorgeous. The only problem would be that the wings are slightly monoposed.

I intend to buy Incubi too, but they are quite popular it seems. The local GW is all out of them...
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 10:08

Here's some conversions: True(blaster)born. They appear to be so good so I felt a pressure to make some...
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150483
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150485
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150484
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150486

And how they look from behind:
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! L1150487

A nice idea, if I may say it myself. What is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 10:42

You bought an entire box of Phoenix Guardians just for the cloaks? Razz
Or what are you planning to do with the rest?

Looking good so far!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next