THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants Empty
PostSubject: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 12:58

Something of a silly idea, but I'm aiming to make an army based on the Dark Elves, Frost Giants and other appropriate Marvel villains.

At the moment I'm thinking:

Loki - Archon
Malekith - Archon or Haemonculus (not sure which)
Dark Elves - Warriors/Trueborn (Not much of a stretch Wink )
Frost Giants - Grotesques
Frost Wolves? - Talos/Cronos (Not sure about this one, but Malekith is the Master of Hounds - so this could be amusing with Dark Artisan)

Anyway, I have plans for Loki, but I'm looking for is models for:
- Malekith
- Frost Giants (preferably close to grotesque-sized)
- Frost Wolves (preferably ones which can fit on a MC base)

They can be based on the movie versions, on the comic versions or just ones that feel right.

Does anyone know of any models that might be suitable?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for other characters or creatures which would fit this theme?
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 03:42

I have nothing to add except that you have tickled me, and I wish you only the best in this endeavor.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 06:24

Reaper has many giant figs in the size range you want.  The Space Wolves have your wolf minis. For Malekith it depends on whether you want classic silver age Malekith or new sci-fi alien (ala Dark World). If you want old Malekith, many of the harlequin models would be a good base, and already have the quasi-motley of his costume. If you want Dark World Malekith, then you're a bad person who deserves to get syphilis.

One of the elf lines has a character with a big ol Loki helm, by the way.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 10:07

Jimsolo wrote:
Reaper has many giant figs in the size range you want.  The Space Wolves have your wolf minis.

Somehow I completely forgot about Space Wolves.  Embarassed  

Jimsolo wrote:
 For Malekith it depends on whether you want classic silver age Malekith or new sci-fi alien (ala Dark World). If you want old Malekith, many of the harlequin models would be a good base, and already have the quasi-motley of his costume.  If you want Dark World Malekith, then you're a bad person who deserves to get syphilis.

lol!

Well, I don't particularly mind the look of the Dark World Malekith... I just hated everything else about him and thought it was a waste of what could have been a great villain.  Neutral  

I'll have a look at the harlequin models, thanks.

Jimsolo wrote:

One of the elf lines has a character with a big ol Loki helm, by the way.

Shocked

This I have to see!

EDIT:

Just looked at the Harlequin models. You're right - those costumes are pretty perfect. Not sure which individual one is best though.

The one thing I don't like though are the heads - especially the hair. All the comic depictions of Malekith I've seen have long, flowing hair - so it would be nice to have something like that.

Assuming I use a Harlequin model for the body, do you know any heads that might work? I was considering a mandrake head, but I don't think they have mouths... Razz
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 16:12

One of the harlies has a very Malekith looking head, and there are probably more GS tutorials on YouTube for hair than probably any other topic. That'd prolly be the route I'd go.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 16:41

Jimsolo wrote:
One of the harlies has a very Malekith looking head

Sorry, but could you say which one?

It's just that I might try and find the individual one on ebay, rather than forking out for the entire box.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 02:23

I feel like this is kind of mailing it in since they're already used so frequently as Grotesques, and I don't know what Marvel frost Giants look like (post some photos for
Those of us who gave up on comics long ago), but paint a Hordes /Warmachine Warspear in icy colours, and it could make a sexy frost giant.

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior
Izaeus

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10 2015, 07:26

One of the reaper mimis has a loki head?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants   Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malekith, Dark Elves and Frost Giants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: