THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)

Go down 
+3
Jilraz
Grub
Vasara
7 posters

Who will be victorious?
Dark Eldar attack can push the Ancients back to oblivion
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) Voteba1362%Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) Voteba15
 62% [ 8 ]
Necrons show the Dark Eldar what beeing eternal truly means
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) Voteba1338%Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) Voteba15
 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 06:54

Hello again,

Time for final game today and you get to guess how it goes. The game is 1850 this time.

Find about my previous game here.

This time I'll be facing eternal Necrons and their flying pastry (i suppose as I don't know the list)

My list is a bit tailored Evil or Very Mad But I Didn't take Eldar allies although I frequently use them. Nor did I take any LoW. There were no other restrictions about the list but mine needed to be DE primary.

Archon, hb, sf, Venom
5 Kabalite, bl, Venom
5 Kabalite, bl, Venom
5 Kabalite, bl, Venom
5 Kabalite, bl, Venom
Ravager, 3dl, ns
Ravager, 3dl, ns
Ravager, 3dl, ns

Grotesquerie
Haemy
3 Grots, Raider, dl
3 Grots, Raider, dl

Dark Artisan
Haemy, WWP (WL)
Talos,
Cronos, sp

Not sure about my opponent's list but again I suspect there will be 1 Doom Scythe and 1-3 Night Scythes. Some Barges but no Wraiths nor Scarabs & Spiders.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog

Last edited by Vasara on Wed Jan 07 2015, 14:53; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 12:28

Tesla. Man I hate tesla. Two tesla barge things ripped through my entire army in one round if shooting, arching on everything. I think you could do it though with that list though, best of luck!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 10:08

Ok. Game finished. My opponents list was from memory.

Necron Overlord, mms 2+ 3++ and some other stuff
Court, Lord, flamer guy
5 deathmarks with N-Scythe (with Lord & Court)
5 warriors, N-Scythe
5 warriors, N-Scythe
9 warriors, ghost ark
9 warriors, ghost ark
Triah Stalker with double melta
Triah Stalker with s7 large blast
3 scarab swarms
3 scarab swarms
Anni barge
Anni barge

Unknown to me, my opponent was a new DE Player and reads this site too so he can correct the list if he wishes to do so.

Mission: Cleans and control & big gunz (4 obj)
Deployment: Vanguard
Night fight: no
Wl traits: de: reroll 1' for mc fnp ( fixed) NEC: pinning check on start.
Latest experiment: +1T
Initiative: DE

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Jilraz
Slave
Jilraz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 08:54

Your opponent and the new aspiring Dark Eldar player here.

This was the exact list, although yours was pretty accurate:

Necron Overlord (MMS, Warscythe, Sempiternal Weave, Phase Shifter, Resurrection Orb)
Royal Court: Harbringer of Despair, Necron Lord (MMS)

Troops:
5x Warrior /w NScythe
5x Warrior /w NScythe
9x Warrior /w GArk
9x Warrior /w GArk

Elites:
1x Triarch Stalker /w Heat Ray
1x Triarch Stalker /w Particle Shredder
5x Deathmarks /w NScythe

Fast Attack:
3x Scarabs
3x Scarabs

Heavy Support:
1x Annihilation Barge /w Tesla Cannon
1x Annihilation Barge /w Tesla Cannon

Was a proper good, violent game. Wasn't really sure who was going to win until the very last turns. I learned a lot from the match, no doubt I'll use some of the tricks once I've got more models up and running for the DEldar army.

I removed a spoiler Very Happy ///Vasara
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 11:04

Thanks for the list and welcome to the forum.

My Deployment:
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IBY6mTUf86Y6TfFIBRBK4r97zw6vlAVqXAva_r4iSnE=w732-h976-no
The rest was in reserves. Only the Dark Artisan deep strike. No picture of my opponents deployment but he deployed pretty much right to the line as my only shot would be a single dark lance. All the characters where with dethmarks in one scythe. I gave him the initiative as all my models where out of range.

T1a
He advanced with everything but no shooting. Scored two cards for 4 maestrom points. one unit of kabalites was pinned by his wl-trait.
T1b
Raider with grots and Heamy advanced to his lines. No points for me
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0485%5B1%5D
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0487%5B1%5D
Nec 4 - 0 DE
T2a
All the scyhtes came in and deathmarks were forced to select one grot unit to their dedicated target. Pinned Kabalites died giving FB to Necrons. Grots Raider jinked madly avoiding allmost every shot but got wrecked in the end. Grots disembarked out of flamer range but lost a few wounds to enemy fire. Necrons scored two cards again.
T2b
All the Ravagers came in from reserves. Same with Venoms and the two kabalites that were there. Dark Artisan and Grots with Archon continued to drink tea in the webway. I deployed everything to my right flank to overwhelm enemy there and shoot deathmarks that were in the open. Ravagers had AV13 targets but as usual two of them whiffed totally while one managed to explode Ghost ark making 9 wariors walk. Combined shooting from rest of my army wiped deathmarks and all the characters in it. StWl for me along with overwhelming firepower for one point even with 3 dead targets. I had now made a good appearance but thos AV 13 machines still appoached me.
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0489%5B1%5D
Nec 7-2 DE

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 12:45

T3a
Finally Necrons have some targets allthough not a single model from command group was able to come back even with resurection orbs. Night scythes flew minimun amounts to be able to shoot second time. Everything closed to tighten to loop around DE neck. In Shooting One ravager was wrecked to the corner by a flying pastry. Second ravager (most left one) lost two hullpoints and was immobilised and was forced to Jink. Tessla radiatad to nearby Ravager taking two hull points from it too Evil or Very Mad All the venoms survived retaliation while few kabalites died but held morale. Grots in the middle lost two members to shooting. The Necron Warriors advanced on foot after loosing their ride last turn. Necrons scored one(?) point of maelstrom.
T3b
Archon and Haemy in reserves desided to take some more tea instead of showing to the battle field. Venoms and Kabalites advanced towards the enemy and managed to wipe walking warriors on the left flanc. Blasters took 2 hullpoints away from one Annibarge but the shields stayed up. One grotesquewith Haemy Charged it succesfully, but no harm done. Jinked Ravagers tried to shoot fliers but no hits were scored allthough they both jinked. An obsec Venom Boosted to objective in the middle of the board.
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0490%5B1%5D
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EF3uRLlpj3U/VK0Ib3s61NI/AAAAAAAAApU/IN3U0iCKAHQ/w1301-h976-no/IMG_0491%5B1%5D.JPG
Nec 8 - 3 DE The eternal machines hava solid lead while my hammer units are in reserves.

T4a
One scythe went to reserves while two of them had a 3rd round of shooting. Wounded A-Barge retreated behind forest to get out of grots attack. Immobilized Ravager was killed by scarabs in cc. The surviving ghost ark and its occupants tried to kill last Ravager but Jink saved it. Triah stalkers reroll to hit for whole army is a great benefit for necrons. The Venom in the middle of the board died to shooting. Necrons scored another maelstorm mission.
T4b
Tea party was over and Archon and Dark Artisan finaly arrived to assist my failing battle. Archon and his grots boosted to other side of the central ruin to threathen his side oh the board. Dark artisan dropped to the middle of his AV 13 vehicles grilling one Necron Warrion inside Ghost Ark. All the Big guns objectives were close to these points. one blaster warrion managed to kill Annilation Barge that had 1 hp left. lone grot tried to charge the two warriors on objective they had guarded the whole game but failed. Venoms though killed 4 of their friends with one not abandoning the mission they had. one Venom killed allmost two scarabs. I scored no points as my assault failed.
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0492%5B1%5D
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0493%5B1%5D
Nec 9 -3 De

T5a
Necron fliers came in and shot the talos. First 3 wounds and no passed saving throws. FNP was a lot better and I only failed two. Talos survived it. And the rest of the shooting. Ravager was put down by ghots ar or its occupants. Scarab tried to kill a Venom but only managed a single hullpoint. The other scarabs wrecked Archons Raider. one flier flew out. Necrons scored a point again.
T5b
Not much to shoot left. Dark Artisan Charged Annibarge wrecking it. 3 Grots left Archon behind and took 2 HP out of Ghost Ark. Archon Charged Scarabs and killed all three bases in one go. Kabalites shot their riffles to no effect so no charge against surviwing scarab. Venoms grabbed 2 objectives with OS scoring 1 maelstrom point.
No pictures this turn sorry.
NEC 11 - 4 De (mael and secondaries, 16 - 12 with big guns)

We rolled for game to continue...

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 13:28

And we rolled 4. Game continues...

T6a
Night scyhtes comes but don't do that much. Ghost ark tries to go round Grots to kill kabalites from objective but room to manuver hinders it effiency. One unit of kabalites is killed though. One Triah Stalker shoots a Venom next to Dark Artisan but doing so cannot go to the objective. Warriors forget to come out of night sycthe to the objective. Last Blaster Kabalite dies too. Other triaf stalker shoot warriors killing only one of them but is out of charge range. Necrons still score one maelstrom objective.
T6b
Archon Walks to an objective in cover. a Grots stays on one too. Warlord Heamy leads his Painengines to charge agaist Triah Stalker and are locked after combat rounds. the 3 Grots manage to wreck last ghost ark and warriors are forced to disembark out of scoring range. One venom flies to unoccupied objective instead of scoring another card. I still manage to score one point from maelstrom.

We roll for game to continue but it ends now.
First blood: NEC
Slay the Warlord: DE
Line breaker: Both
Mealstrom: Nec 12 DE 4
Big gun killpoints: NEC 3 Ravagers, DE 2 Annibarges
Big guns for four objectives (3p):
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0494%5B1%5D
Objective 1: DE
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-J2IRdLbc7M0/VK0JRhiX89I/AAAAAAAAAp8/z5SehebiA0U/w1301-h976-no/IMG_0496%5B1%5D.JPG
Objective 2: DE
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0497%5B1%5D
Objective 3: DE
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) IMG_0495%5B1%5D
Objective 4: DE
NEC 0 - 12 DE

Total:
NEC 16 - 19 DE
DATR ELDAR VICTORY!

That was a really close game with a lot of luck for me in the game ending on T6 and a turn before or after. My big hammer units staying in reservers nearly costed me the game. I might have faired better if I started with all off my forces on the board. that way I would have had a lot better board control as I had next to none before T5.

Lategame those Covens units are real killers. IWND and Zealot benefit them a lot and allthough in this game I didn't need it, Eternal warrior is nice too.

Thanks for my opponent it was a great game and a close one but I got a bit lucky in the end.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2015, 14:06

Nice! Without wishing to be rude, it looks like your opponent got hung up on playing the maelstrom missions and forgot about the normal objectives!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2015, 09:53

Great batrep, thanks! The pictures are great, too, it's always nice to see painted armies on a proper battlefield. Plus, your color scheme looks nice, especially the Pain Engines.

Do you have any bigger pics of your army?

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2015, 13:25

Awesome stuff Vasara! Grats on the win.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 04:50

These reports are great Vas. I hope people are taking note. You play to the mission always and DE have enough ObSec units to take late game victories. Your excellent positioning and maneuverability has won you two well earned victories. DE can sacrifice units and will in every game. But in the end when played as well as you play them Vas, victory can still be grabbed from the jaws of defeat. Kudos.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 10:01

Thanks for commenting guys.

T5-7 unit positioning starts when you place objectives. Now that I play Coven units I'm quite certain that I have those units left when game ends. But they are slow so I need to have a bunch of objectives in the middle of the board so I can play for them in the end. And having Cronos even highlights this objective placement as it's superFNP is a 12" bubble.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 11:13

Vasara wrote:
Thanks for commenting guys.

T5-7 unit positioning starts when you place objectives. Now that I play Coven units I'm quite certain that I have those units left when game ends. But they are slow so I need to have a bunch of objectives in the middle of the board so I can play for them in the end. And having Cronos even highlights this objective placement as it's superFNP is a 12" bubble.

Would you mind adding your objective placement thoughts to this thread on objective placement. I would really appreciate your input. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09 2015, 11:50

I added a text there allthough it's a bit contradictory to your tactica Very Happy

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid OMG-league finals (report finished)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: