THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Creating a monster!

Go down 
5 posters

Which Arms?
Rending Claws
Creating a monster! Voteba1378%Creating a monster! Voteba15
 78% [ 7 ]
Crushing Claws
Creating a monster! Voteba130%Creating a monster! Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Deathspitters
Creating a monster! Voteba1311%Creating a monster! Voteba15
 11% [ 1 ]
Devourers
Creating a monster! Voteba130%Creating a monster! Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (please state)
Creating a monster! Voteba1311%Creating a monster! Voteba15
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Creating a monster! Empty
PostSubject: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2015, 15:46

I've been making a monster (probably going to be used as a Grotesque, though could also be an unusual Haemonculus) out of various DE and Tyranid bits. However, I'm undecided as to its main arms - I have 4 possibilities and would like your help deciding which to use:

Rending Claw Arms:

Crushing Claw Arms:

Deathspitter Arms:

Devourer Arms:

Alternatively, does anyone have any alternate suggestions?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2015, 18:51

I think out of the four suggestions here, it has to be the rending claws - the crushers look way too big and unwieldy, and both of the guns are 1) too obviously Tyranid and 2) along with the overall pose, give the monster a kind of cowboy gunslinger look?

I mean, that is, unless you're going to put a Stetson on him, in which case it MUST be the deathspitters.

Since you can see all the thing's ribs etc, a skeletal arm might also be good? Something from the tomb kings or suchlike. Bone giant comes to mind, but I think he's too big, I'm not sure of the scale.

Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2015, 19:08

I would also use the Rending Claws.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2015, 20:05

First off, that's some crazy creation, i like it very much, has a little centaur feel to it.
I'd say i agree with wound and Rokuro, Rending Claws are the best of your options, the crushers remind me of Mr. Crabs, and two guns would be too much.
You could, however, mix it.
I think Rending Claw and Devourer would look best.
It could also depend on what you want them to present or is the creation beyond that point already?

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12 2015, 20:13

Marrath wrote:
First off, that's some crazy creation, i like it very much, has a little centaur feel to it.

Thanks. Very Happy

Marrath wrote:

It could also depend on what you want them to present or is the creation beyond that point already?

I think it's definitely beyond that point. Wink

thesaltedwound wrote:
I think out of the four suggestions here, it has to be the rending claws - the crushers look way too big and unwieldy, and both of the guns are 1) too obviously Tyranid and 2) along with the overall pose, give the monster a kind of cowboy gunslinger look?

I mean, that is, unless you're going to put a Stetson on him, in which case it MUST be the deathspitters.

Hah, that would be amazing.

thesaltedwound wrote:

Since you can see all the thing's ribs etc, a skeletal arm might also be good? Something from the tomb kings or suchlike. Bone giant comes to mind, but I think he's too big, I'm not sure of the scale.

Hmm, I'll did through my VC bits and see if I can find anything suitable.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2015, 03:49

mix and match the rending and the crushers. don't have two of the same thing!

PostSubject: Re: Creating a monster!   Creating a monster! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating a monster!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: