THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms

Go down 
+5
commandersasha
fredpower
Thor665
ShadowcatX
5acky
9 posters
AuthorMessage
5acky
Slave
5acky

2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2015, 07:23

Hey guys,

I'm looking to start up my Dark Eldar army in the next month or so. It's not perfect, and I was trying to keep to mostly to a Kabal and Cult list as much as I could. Heres what I've been toying with. I'm not super competitive, but I don't like conceding at turn 3 either. Anyway...

DARK ELDAR 2000

COMBINED ARMS DETATCHMENT

HQ

Succubus - Archite Glaive, Webway portal

ELITES

Grotesques x 3 - Liquefier gun x 3

TROOPS

Kabalite Warriors x 5 - Blaster
Venom - Splinter cannons x 2

Wyches x 10
Hekatrix - Agoniser, Haywire grenades
Raider - Night shields

Wyches x 10
Raider - Night shields

FAST ATTACK

Reavers x 6 - Cluster Caltrops x 2

Razorwing Jetfighter - Night shields, Dark Lances x 2

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager - Dark lances x 3

Alrighty. I think it comes out at 1991 points.

Succubus joins up with the Grots, using her webway portal to get their Liq guns somewhere they can do some damage. The rest is pretty self explanatory really.I'm thinking I'll hold the Wyches back in reserve to spare them from some shooting before their PFP pumps them up.

A big problem I'm having with the Dark Eldar codex is that the HQ's are very, very inflexible compared to just about any other codex. No upgrade possible for bikes, wings, etc, it's really irritating me.  Sigh.

Keep in mind I havn't played Dark Eldar before, not even against them - I currently use Nurgle CSM.

Any comments/criticism is appreciated guys.
Back to top Go down
ShadowcatX
Hellion
ShadowcatX

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 04:57

Change the wytches to warriors and get splinter racks.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 05:48

5acky wrote:
Succubus - Archite Glaive, Webway portal

Grotesques x 3 - Liquefier gun x 3
This little combo is okay. I, personally, run similar - though I do it in a Raider with no Liquifiers. I consider that faster assault, and really, when I pay for Grots, I'm paying for assault.

5acky wrote:
Fine.

5acky wrote:
Wyches x 10
Raider - Night shields
I don't really like the Haywire grenade on these - you have 1 of them, what do you really expect to do with it? It will basically be helpful if you decide to tarpit a Dread, and that's about it.
I'll also note that Wyches are pretty substandard at the moment, so be aware of that when taking them - they are not exactly good at their job.

5acky wrote:
Reavers x 6 - Cluster Caltrops x 2
Fine.

5acky wrote:
Fine.

5acky wrote:
Fine.

5acky wrote:
I'm thinking I'll hold the Wyches back in reserve to spare them from some shooting before their PFP pumps them up.
That would benefit them, though it really leaves you with less time to accomplish anything with them.

5acky wrote:
A big problem I'm having with the Dark Eldar codex is that the HQ's are very, very inflexible compared to just about any other codex. No upgrade possible for bikes, wings, etc, it's really irritating me.  Sigh.
Agreed, but at least they are cheap as far as HQs go.

I am a bit concerned with a 2000 point army running a grand total of 17 lance weapons, and that being about the sum total of your anti-mech shooting. As a compare/contrast my 1850 list runs 21+ I would say a concern for you would be awareness of how much mech you tend to see in your games. If your opponents usually don't field much, then Bob's your uncle. But if they do - I submit you will often find yourself hurting to deal with them.

The biggest point sinks I see in your list are the Liquifier guns and the Wych squads. Both are pretty pricey for how much damage they'll be able to cause in the course of the game - I'd advocate starting cuts in those areas if you decide to do so.

Back to top Go down
5acky
Slave
5acky

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 08:38

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll admit the only reason I went with Wych squads was the fact that I wanted to have a bit of variety of models on the table. I can see myself getting very bored painting 40 Kabalite Warriors, also I was pretty keen to get those Raging Heroes Blood Vestals models as counts-as Wyches.

That being said, I tend to resent models that do not perform on the table, so I might have to go with Warriors instead. It's a shame that these lovely ladies just aren't good at the job they are supposed to excel at.

After a quick reshuffle, dropping the Wyches for Warriors (with a splinter cannon) in the raiders (with night shields and splinter racks) leaves me at 1931 points. Any advice where these points could go? I'm thinking either some upgrades for the Warrior Raider squads or maybe a Raider for the Succubus and her meatshields like you suggested.

My current meta is usually Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Orkz, Tau and IG. None except the IG players fields a great deal of vehicles, so hopefully the amount of Lance weaponry I bring to the table should be enough. I expect the Reavers to also carry some of the anti mech weight with those caltrops of theirs, if they can survive that long.
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 20:19

i think you dont need the wwp portal on your sucubus just take a raider with artesails so you can assault at turn 2 and maybe with the points put another grotesque(try to get the animus vitae) you will be need for your grotesquies to be fearless with you sucubus go donw soh 1 turn on pfp is nicce to try.
sry for my english im from Brazil
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 20:56

I would say that shadowfields are superior to aethersails on a Grot Raider.
I honestly don't understand why people feel a need for the Aethersails.

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2015, 21:41

I have 5 Blood Vestals as Wyches, and I'm afraid they always suck, but I love them so auto-include them, and once in a blue moon they do ok.

I also bought a box last month, and a pack of wings (Maxmini I think), and turned them into my Scourges.
Folder is here:
https://s1203.photobucket.com/user/dandanthelig/library/Nine%20Pirate%20Girls?sort=4&page=1

2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms <a href=2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms P1000812_zps798b93cf" />
Back to top Go down
5acky
Slave
5acky

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18 2015, 03:54

Looking good, I was tossing up between Reavers and Scourges, but settled with Reavers. I figured they'd be more survivable with their 3+ Jink save, and more mobile with that 2D6 move in the Assault phase.
Back to top Go down
SaturdayNightWrist
Hellion
SaturdayNightWrist

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18 2015, 04:34

I really like that list.
But I'd drop the haywire grenades from the wyhes and also drop the night shields from the razorwings (jinking defeats the purpose of having razorwings). I would also take either necrotoxin or shatterfield missles on the razorwings.
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18 2015, 22:23

jink is what make our flyer good they have low armour and need this to survive so 1 turn you shoot and othe you go off table and come back next turn to shoot a flyer is to expensive to just lose it by not jink
Back to top Go down
5acky
Slave
5acky

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19 2015, 15:15

Yeah that was my thinking - The flimsy armour needs all the help it can get. The fact I'm bringing two should help with the snap firing problem, as most armies don't have enough Skyfire/Interceptor to deal with more than one flyer.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19 2015, 16:05

Why not use the vestals as scourges?
Back to top Go down
mrbenis
Hellion
mrbenis

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 11:48

Thor665 wrote:

Well it has a time and a place as your vehicles now counts-as the unit that was embarked on them for scoring purposes.

So any troops with a raider dedicated transport can potentially score (or contest) an objective using just the vehicle as long as it ends up on that objective somewhere, somehow. Moving 36" in a single turn isn't shabby either (thank the gods they got rid of the random dice roll).

That's the main application of aethersails as I see it.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 12:33

Thor665 wrote:

I assume you mean Night Shields. Wink

Thor665 wrote:

Yeah, I stopped including them and have yet to notice the difference. 30" is usually enough to get your Raiders where they want to be.

5acky wrote:

I know where you're coming from - it bugs me as well. Just pure laziness on the writers' part.

The thing is that we don't have any transports with 11 or 6 capacity - so we can't add an HQ to a 10-man squad in a Raider, nor to a 5-man squad in a Venom. Frankly, when I build army lists, I often struggle to even find a place for my HQs.

Anyway, with regard to your list, I'm not sure about the WWP and Liquifiers on the Grotesques. The WWP delays your assault considerably, and liquifiers aren't really worth using to begin with. I'd drop them and add another Grotesque - maybe an Aberration to take challenges for your Succubus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms   2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Pts Dark Eldar Combined Arms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: