THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 for Tournament end of Feb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

1850 for Tournament end of Feb Empty
PostSubject: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 07:11

Realspace Raiders Detachment:
Archon, WWP, Haywire Grenade
5 Warriors, BL, Venom
5 Warriors, BL, Venom
5 Warriors, BL, Venom
5 Warriors, BL, Venom
5 Warriors, BL, Venom
5 Warriors, BL, Venom
5 Scourge, 4 HLs (Haemie joins)
3 Reavers, HL
3 Reavers, HL
3 Reavers, HL
3 Reavers, HL
3 Reavers, HL
Corspethief Claw Formation:
5 Talos, all TL SC, 2 Ichor Inj

So the list utilises our fast MSU ability coupled with all units being equipped to deal with Mech, so I shouldn't be caught short.

Haemie joins the Scourge, offers the increase to the pfp turn so the Scourge get FnP T2 onwards. 

Corpsethief Claw offers midfield board control, a tough Relic claiming unit and serious FMC fire power (well, as good as it gets for our dex IMO) as well as what these babies can do in assault. Also the unit presents a great fire magnet allowing my Reavers and Warriors to turbo boost and flat out to positions where they can begin to strike T2 onwards.

First game with it at the weekend. C & C always welcomed.

Last edited by 1++ on Tue Jan 27 2015, 03:06; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 07:46

why don't you want to take an Archon with blaster or h/w grenade instead of Haemy? It grants you one reliable anti vehicle attack, you will be 8" from your target because of melta range, so it is perfect for a grenade. And it is cheaper

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 08:27

SERAFF wrote:
why don't you want to take an Archon with blaster or h/w grenade instead of Haemy? It grants you one reliable anti vehicle attack, you will be 8" from your target because of melta range, so it is perfect for a grenade. And it is cheaper

The Haemie helps get FnP on the Scourge a bit earlier, so small buff there, but I don't feel I need a Haywire shot with the 4 Melta Lance shots already coming from the unit.

Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 08:53

1++ wrote:
I don't feel I need a Haywire shot with the 4 Melta Lance shots already coming from the unit.

Well, it is often not enough. You will get about 3 hits and about 2 pen./glances. And I wasn't disappointed by my Archon when I met an Imperial Knight, a Necron Lord on a Barge and a Sicaran tank with ceramite plating from 30K.
I doubt that FNP is something significant, because if the enemy will shoot at the scourges they will die instantly despite 4+ armor.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 09:18

Yeah I see what your saying. Anything S6 and above negates the FnP that I'm paying 10 extra pts for so is it really worth it....??? Hvy Flamers, S6 Eldar and Tau shooting. Very likely to come up against that sort of stuff when deepstriking in backfield.....hmmmmm

For the points I could take an Archon w/ Webway & Haywire grenade, freeing up 5pts to give the CTC a second Ichor Injector (by also dropping the Chain Flails). Yeah, might do that

EDIT: Changed the OP

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 14:03

OK, so first successful test for the list done last night. I played my usual Blood Angel opponent. I let him go first go first, primarily as I had no ObSec in the list and wanted to be the last one moving onto objectives T5/T6. The CTC did OK (for the points) but not great. Their shooting let me down a bit but they where very strong in assault, keeping Dante, Sang Priests and 5 Sang Guard busy for a few turns (his FnP rolls where better than mine though LOL), but a single wound Dante had their number and finally killed the last Talos at the bottom of T5, but at that stage I was already covering as many objectives as possible as all he had left other than Dante and 1 Sang Guard was 5 Scouts that I had basically ignored the whole game.

But anyway, I do like the CTC formation. It gives my opponent a tough unit that he simply can't ignore. They have a great central board presence which makes my opponent think a little bit about simply speeding up the table towards me. And what invariably happened was that he split his force on both flanks, but I did not capitalize on this sending all my force to one way - lesson there - but I did manage to kill all that I needed to by the time the game ended. I was hanging the formation back just a tad just to not allow his Death Company to charge me too soon.

The MSU Reavers did very well for me, (and with a little luck) I was able to snap shoot a Tank, removing an HP then hitting it with HoW to finally wreck it. Their speed is amazing, as my opponent marches forwards he's freeing up space for me to turbo boost in behind his tanks. Gold! Having so much redundancy on fast moving AT platforms meant my opponent couldn't possibly predict where I was coming from, and where I was going to land, to set up their Heat Lance shots.

So in saying that, I have had a thought on a different (but same) type of list. Not sure if I will use it but more putting the idea up for discussion. Going first is great for us obviously, but by having so many MSU Anti-Tank units on the table, means that by going second in most cases, I'll still have enough units to wreck face.

Also, the tournament restriction allows for 2 detachments only.

PRIMARY CAD
Archon, Blaster (WL)
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
3 Reavers, HL, CC
REALSPACE RAIDERS DETACHMENT
5 Trueborn, 1 BL in Raider, DL
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Scourge, 4 Heat Lances
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC

So by dropping the CTC formation I'm bringing in the 3 single Blaster Trueborn units, an Archon w/ Blaster (to join a Trueborn unit), a 6th Reaver and giving all 6 Reaver units Cluster Caltrops - so that when I am jinking, I've got something to threaten a tank with and lastly, 4 of the Venoms gain ObSec - which isn't massive but its there in case I am the last one to move into an objective end game - hence more likely to go second in some situations.

So next game should be in a weeks time or so, then I'll have to submit either list to the TO as the deadline is early Feb. C & C always welcomed!

Last edited by 1++ on Sun Jan 25 2015, 21:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 19:32

why did you take a true born unit to put only 1 blaster if will take only 1 blaster take more kabalite warrior insted
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25 2015, 19:53

fredpower wrote:
why did you take a true born unit to put only 1 blaster if will take only 1 blaster take kabalite warrior insted

We are so fragile and I don't like putting too many pts into a unit that doesn't have good saves, esp when they need to be early game turn threats.

So I wanted to continue spreading myself across many shooting platforms as possible, but I guess with the Trueborn load out I could swap them to Kabalites and give 1 unit 3 Blasters, in a Raider for the Blaster Archon to join

Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 07:53

Yes, but you could take simple warriors with blaster instead of them. You have 4 empty troops slots in your Realspace Raider Detachment.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 08:33

Is double CAD allowed? If yes I would try making it with "only" 6 fast slots. I would fill those 12 troopslots before going to trueborns.

Othervice I like your list.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 12:25

this list is powerful, but I think, you will have trouble if you face flying necrons with bargelords.

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 12:37

I really like the list.  The only question I have is do you think your AT will be sufficient for a tournament setting?  You're relying on Reavers (who will probably need to Jink to survive) and lots of Blasters which are a good option, but I don't see anything  that can threaten on turn one/two, depending on the opponent.  If it were my list, I'd remove the two Trueborn units for some DL Ravagers and give the Scourges HWB so you have three units with a 36 in threat range that can reach out and touch armor.  Otherwise, I think it is a solid list and I'll be interested to hear how it does.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 01:37

@Vasara; Its a single CAD restriction (2 detachments/formations only) and if CAD taken it must contain Warlord.

@sweetbacon; Yeah the Reavers will probably be Jinking but with their extreme mobility they should be able to get some HoW attackd on rear armour - assuming not too many Flamer units are near or inside their targets of course

@SERAFF; Necrons is always going to be a problem no matter what so its just one of those thing I need to play around. Always play to the mission Wink

So updated (and based on models I own because I'm only a few weeks away now, and still need to paint most of this)

PRIMARY CAD
Archon, Blaster (WL)
5 Warriors in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
REALSPACE RAIDERS DETACHMENT
5 Warriors, BL in Venom
5 Warriors, BL in Raider, DL (Blaster Archon here)
5 Scourge, 4 Heat Lances (WWP Archon here)
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
3 Reavers, HL, CC
1 Ravager, 3 DLs
1 Ravager, 3 DLs

Had to drop a Warrior units Blaster (the unit that the Archon joins in a Raider) to allow for all Reaver units to have Cluster Caltrops. All I need to pick up is 1 last box of Warriors to make 2 more 5 man units but other than that everything it all built WYSIWYG and ready to take on anything my opponents want to throw at me....well, excluding Flyer heavy and Flamer heavy lists hahahaha but you get what I'm saying! Wink

Last edited by 1++ on Tue Jan 27 2015, 09:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27 2015, 07:48

Ok. The new list looks good.
I would trade one obsec blaster to Raider with Archon as that unit is more likely to go nearer the enemy while the other one can stay behind.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 09:19

Alright, tournie starts up in about 12 hrs time. I've been painting my a** off for this, as my stuff has been all black for the past few years....unfortunately my son has been sick the past couple of days so my plan to "last minut everything" hasn't worked out.....but I'm really only focused on battle points and seeing how the list goes. Also excited about the potential lists I Kay face. It's a small event (20 runners) but people tend to go pretty hard.

I'll report back in a few days. Thank you to all those who have provided input. Over the past month I have been so busy that I haven't even had 1 practice game yet. I've played out the first 3 missions already but those where with the list in the OP

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 09:49

The list isn't that different from first that it need whoel new training session.

Good luck with tournament!

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 for Tournament end of Feb   1850 for Tournament end of Feb I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 for Tournament end of Feb
Page 1 of 1