THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep striking skimmers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Poziom
Slave

Deep striking skimmers Empty
PostSubject: Deep striking skimmers   Deep striking skimmers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 14:57

Hi,

Just want to ask if DE can use this skimmer rule to deep strike their venoms, raiders and ravagers the same way as SM use Drop pods:

Quote :
If a Skimmer is forced to end its move over friendly or enemy models, move the Skimmer
the minimum distance so that no models are left underneath it.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking skimmers   Deep striking skimmers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 14:59

There are several threads talking about this already on the forums. Suffice to say, its a grey area at best! You and your opponent should discuss prior to you doing it. TO's will have the final say at events

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The_Hornet
Slave
The_Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking skimmers   Deep striking skimmers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 01:15

No you cannot safely deep strike, if you move so that you are no longer ontop of a model, you will still be within 1 inch of their base and as such will still mishap.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking skimmers   Deep striking skimmers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 08:23

The_Hornet wrote:
No you cannot safely deep strike, if you move so that you are no longer ontop of a model, you will still be within 1 inch of their base and as such will still mishap.

Not necessarily - measurements are taken to the hull of vehicles and the base of other models - raider and venom hulls are usually more than 1" above any infantry bases - it's only vehicles where this may be the case.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking skimmers   Deep striking skimmers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26 2015, 09:17

Please use this thread for any discussion on this issue. Thread closed - Count Adhemar

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep striking skimmers   Deep striking skimmers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep striking skimmers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: