THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necrons for my second

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Necrons for my second Empty
PostSubject: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 13:33

Well, I needed a second army. Everyone knows I play DE only at the shop. They build to go against me now. They still loose more often then not. I decided for my second army I will do Necrons. Of course a whole 2 weeks after I decide that they announce the new codex. That makes this question a bit off but I was hoping that I would still be able to get some advice on if I am missing anything. So far I have.

10 unbuilt immortals
45 warriors
3 monoliths
6 heavy destroyers
Every named character
20 death marks
1 Ctan
6 destroyers
3 ghost arks/dooms day arks
Stalker tank
3 jet bikes
1 Stormlord
4 cryptcets
1 doomsyth
1 night scyth
2 forgeworld centipedes got all of this list for $400 Smile

I am also about to get a triarch stalker, 5 more immortals, and some extra characters and overlords from Mr. Burning Eye any day now in the mail.

I know things will probably change with the new codex but if its anything like the GK book (which rumer says it is) then not much will change. Any advice would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 13:45

There don't appear to be any wraiths in there - evil things!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 14:10

Yeah, I have to say the new Wraiths are absolutely monstrous. T5, 2W, 3+/3++, 12" ignore terrain fleet movement, A3, S6 Rending attacks with the option of +3I at a very cheap point cost. What's not to like!

Night Scythes are still decent, albeit more expensive than they were and not as deadly when forced to jink.

barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 14:22

Awesome, I am adding wraiths to the list. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 16:17

Wraiths was the obvious one. The other thing that's missing is Barges.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 16:36

Erebus wrote:
Wraiths was the obvious one. The other thing that's missing is Barges.

Annihilation Barges have taken a big hit and I'm not sure we'll be seeing anywhere near as many of them as we did with the old codex. They're probably a bit overpriced now.

CCB also took a big hit but are cheaper now.

Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 18:21

Eh, I suppose if you're a 6th ed Necron player it's a "big hit", but quite frankly, it was a much needed points increase and Tesla shouldn't have applied to snapshots in the first place.

I agree they're likely going to see a marked decrease in competitive play, but they probably something every Necron player should have in their collection.

Kabalite Warrior
barenone

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29 2015, 18:42

Im probably going to get a barge eigther way, Just because its one of the models I want to build and paint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necrons for my second   Necrons for my second I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necrons for my second
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-