THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider Capacity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thenick18
Hellion

Raider Capacity Empty
PostSubject: Raider Capacity   Raider Capacity I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 03:05

I see a lot of people making lists with units larger than 10, and taking a raider as a transport for that unit. Now I understand the raider can be taken as a dedicated transport, and that units can be taken larger than 10, but where in the rules does the capacity of the raider increase? Its not FAQ'ed or errata'ed. As far as I can tell, although one may take a raider as a dedicated transport for a unit larger than 10, however, the capacity is still 10 models. I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I could not find a topic on it. I appreciate the clarification, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Raider Capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider Capacity   Raider Capacity I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 04:47

The Raider's capacity is, indeed, 10 models. The lists in question are either people making a mistake or people not intending to put the squads in the Raider. I don't see many lists doing either besides the occasional new player who presumes we're like Marines.

Back to top Go down
Coreytt@BWG
Slave

Raider Capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider Capacity   Raider Capacity I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 04:55

The capacity doesn't increase, it just means the unit has a dedicated transport.

The unit wouldn't be able to embark inside the transport thus it would have to start separate from said unit. However, because it is a dedicated transport it does not take up a force org slot. Thuss, there is still some an advantage to taking one.

I don't ever do this (take more models than can fit inside) nor do I have the rule book in front of me so correct me if I'm wrong fellas.

Anyway, hope I answered your question.

edit- thor beat me to it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMWop_5Uq3ZsEZysVR-Y73g
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

Raider Capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider Capacity   Raider Capacity I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 08:01

I would never do it with Dark Eldar, but my CSM does it all the time. When I want to run a large mob of marines I will always buy a Rhino for them, for the cheap and fast Objective Secured option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raider Capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider Capacity   Raider Capacity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider Capacity
Page 1 of 1