THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pipryn
Slave
Pipryn

Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx   Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 12:50

So I've made quite a few 40k armies in the past few years, and am currently working on a Dark Eldar force which hopefully will keep my interest. High levels of dakka, grotesques, and floating longboat vehicles hopefully will. Here is the early beginnings of my Kabal, the Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is said that in Ulthan, no Eldar may harm a gyrinx.

Ulthan is an oddity of Low Commorragh, as it is a territory of relative peace and prosperity. That’s not to say that the denizens of Low Commoragh do not spill over into its domain, bringing with it the death and crime they are known for, but when they walk the streets of Ulthan, they know that their attentions must be diverted from the Kabal that controls it and their namesake.

Ulthan is controlled by the Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx, which has its roots in a middle class noble family from before the Fall. This family, originally based on one of the Eldar garden worlds, fled to Commoragh during the Fall, bringing with them a large brood of gyrinx that their family was famed for. Over time, Commoragh twisted both the family and their gyrinx, the family becoming almost a cult dedicated to their animals, and the gyrinx becoming…something else. The gyrinx of Ulthan have become cruel creatures compared to the gyrinx of the Exodites and Craftworlders. It is said that if an Eldar harms or kills a gyrinx, within three days they will be dead, the only evidence of their death paw prints leading from their body.

The Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx are devoted to these animals, to an almost insane level. It is not uncommon for higher ranked members of the Kabal to have personal gyrinx pets. Eldar passing through Ulthan may suddenly find themselves recruited to join the Kabal if they attract the attention of a gyrinx, finding out when a group of Kabalites will come from nowhere and whisk them off to the Kabal’s stronghold. The Kabal is highly terriotorial of Ulthan and will defend its borders against all save one Kabal. In the few times that ranking members of the Kabal of the Black Heart pass through, no member of the Kabal or its gyrinx are to be found, the Kabal silently acknowledging the greater predators.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx   Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30 2015, 14:08

I really like the idea behind your Kabal and I'm loving that somebody is giving the Gyrinx's some love. Furry little evil overlords. I would like to see more of your writing. It's a very interesting idea for your kabal. Smile

Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx YiVCUio
Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Spiteful Gyrinx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: