THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 tourney list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psylynt
Hellion
Psylynt

1850 tourney list  Empty
PostSubject: 1850 tourney list    1850 tourney list  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 03:26

HQ - 195pt - Archon - Armour of Misery, Huskblade, Blaster, HW nades, Shadow field, WWP.

Elites - 500pt - Kabalite Trueborn - x2, 5man squads in Venoms. 4 Blasters, 1 Splinter Cannon.
                      -Venoms x2 Splinter Cannons

Troops - 270pt - Kabalite Warriors - x2, 10man squads in Raiders. 10 Splinter Rifles per squad.
                      -Raiders Disintegrator Cannon, Splinter Racks

Fast - 215pt - 1 Razorwing - x2 Dark Lances, Splinter Cannon, 4x Mono Missiles.
                 - 1 Venom - x2 Splinter Cannons

Heavy - 670pt - 2 Ravagers - x3 Dark Lances, Nightshields.
                   -  3 Talos - Chain Flails, TW Haywire Blaster

Plan is to use Archon with the WWP and the 3 Talos to Deep Strike back field. They should provide a hard to kill unit that can provide pinpoint pain. Archon With SF and AoM is a bit of redundancy i know.  12 wounds with high tough in Talos, FNP. Seems good to my eye.

Rest rest of the army is really just what you see, just mobile gunboats, staying out of CC and using weight of fire to keep objectives.

I am a new player, and have very few games under my belt, and never anything over 1000pt games. This is my tentative list at this time and looking for any holes or problems i might run into running this.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

1850 tourney list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourney list    1850 tourney list  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 06:19

Hi and welcome.

Archon cannot join the Talos unit (IC cant join MCs) so that plan won't work. Instead perhaps give the Archon some Court models and their own Venom.

The Splinter Cannon in the Trueborn really isn't a good use if points. The 4 Blasters will mainly be shooting at Mech targets, plus the Cannon has been nerfed to only shoot half range when moving (check Salvo rule) and as a Dark Eldar player, you want to be moving.

10 Warriors in Raiders with Splinter Racks are great on paper but it doesn't take much effort for your opponent to blow them up. I personally prefer what's become somewhat of a standard build; 5 Warriors, 1 Blaster in Venom, dual cannons. They don't look that scary but in numbers and with several units target the same enemy unit they really can be truly brutal

Hellion
Psylynt

1850 tourney list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourney list    1850 tourney list  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 02:05

Well that changes things a bit. I really do like the blasters, in the few games i have played they performed great, i was thinking of maybe adding a dark lance instead of the cannon, but though i already have enough to crack open armor. Salvo is not a big deal at 18" since that what my blasters will be at anyway.

Just checked the points, wow 128 pts for the same amount of poison shot, but losing 3 blaster shots. Did not realize i was paying a bit more than 40 pts per blaster shot. Thanks for the tip. Still might keep them though.

The warriors in the raiders does not bother me as much, i know its a paper airplane. But they seem to do work for me.

Gonna have to rethink this list. The HQ, i really have no idea. I see players saying the cheap 10pt Court in a Venom. I think that just to get more Venoms tho. And Heavy Slot, maybe save the points from the Talos, and add more Venoms?

Would i have trouble with Armor by dropping the Blasters, will i have enough if i come up against alot of armor?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 tourney list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 tourney list    1850 tourney list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 tourney list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-