THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list) Empty
PostSubject: Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list)   Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 17:14

So after a long read of the codex and our lovely form I thought I would try and write a list, and since Lady Malys is one of my favourite things in Dark Eldar I thought I'd try my hand at a fun yet 'good' army list for her (Remember I'm from Fantasy so sorry if I screw up, and by good I mean just a list I can at least have a fun game and something maybe to attend local events once in a while). Please comment and critic since I've no idea if this would work. (I currently own 0 models but will be getting some within the next month)

1 Lady Malys: Her Stuff - 130
2 Haemonculi: Liquifier Gun - 120

3 Grotesques: Liquifier Gun, Raider with Nightshield/Flicker Field - 185
3 Blaster Born: Venom + Extra Splinter Cannon - 146

7 Kabalite Warriors: Blaster, Raider with Nightshield/Flicker Field - 148
8 Wyches: Shardnet & Impaler, Haywire Grenades; Hekatrix with Agoniser in Raider with Nightshield/Flickerfield - 206
8 Wyches: Shardnet & Impaler, Haywire Grenades; Hekatrix with Agoniser in Raider with Nightshield/Flickerfield - 206
5 Wracks: Liquifier Gun, Venom + Extra Splinter Cannon - 130

5 Scourges: 2 Haywire Blasters - 130
3 Reavers: Heat Lance - 78

Ravager: Flickerfield - 115

1999/2000

Now to clarify-

*Lady Malys will go with the Grotesques, each Haemo will go with a Wych squad...
*Unsure on either the Nightshield or Flickerfield for the Grotesque + Troop Raiders, but have the points enough for one on each boat...
*And I'm also not sure on the Wrack unit, should I keep them or use those 130 points for something else?

Again, please comment, critic and any suggestions will be welcomed, and thank you for your time...

KnightSeerValkia
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list)   Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 18:26

KnightSeerValkia wrote:
by good I mean just a list I can at least have a fun game and something maybe to attend local events once in a while
I'm basing all my advice off of this.

Quote :
1 Lady Malys: Her Stuff - 130
2 Haemonculi: Liquifier Gun - 120
Good.

Quote :
3 Grotesques: Liquifier Gun, Raider with Nightshield/Flicker Field - 185
I'm okay with this, though I'll admit when I do run Grots I tend to go for 4

Quote :
Good.

Quote :
Here's a place to save points. What, exactly, is +2 bodies getting you? A couple extra rifle shots on a unit that will mostly be shooting at mech? Bleh and meh combined. This is an easy way to save 36 points...look at that, I just got you a 4th Grot (or the option to use NS *and* FF if you wish...or a couple of other things. All for the cost of 2-4 s.rifle shots. That's value!

Quote :
I'm pretty neutral on the use of the shardnets here, it's an easy way to save 20 points and they're not what they once were. I'm not against them, just recognize they're only really ace when fighting Dreads or if you're able to base a lot of guys at once, which isn't as easy as it once was.

Quote :
5 Wracks: Liquifier Gun, Venom + Extra Splinter Cannon - 130
Good.

Quote :
5 Scourges: 2 Haywire Blasters - 130
Good - though you could probably use the points for more Troops that could do the same job for equal points while probably being tougher to kill and able to be a scoring unit. Not to mention the option of just taking a third Ravager.

Quote :
3 Reavers: Heat Lance - 78
Good - though, again, I personally feel most FA slots don't need to exist until Troop slots are maxed out. For both Scourges and RJB understand you're taking them for style and look over functionality at this particular stage.

Quote :
Ravtastic.

Quote :
*Unsure on either the Nightshield or Flickerfield for the Grotesque + Troop Raiders, but have the points enough for one on each boat...
*And I'm also not sure on the Wrack unit, should I keep them or use those 130 points for something else?
1. FF vs. NS is an ongoing debate. In my opinion FF are inherently superior and more likely to save you on a game per game basis. NS will either work great, or won't matter at all.

2. They're anti-infantry, and a bit more important than that alpha strike anti-infantry. In a competitive sense you'll want the Venom to put a hurting on Longfangs/Lootas/and their ilk turn one...also, in a competitive sense, you could get that Venom for cheaper with Warriors and have a Blaster to help versus mech. Really what you're doing is debating the value of the Liquifier versus a Blaster. Considering how much assault and Venoms you have, I personally would go with the blaster (because I've never complained about having too much anti-mech and 8 s. rifle shots and a Blaster can still put a hurting on infantry).
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list)   Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 22:03

Thor: Thanks for the advice, will definitely be trying both the original list and what you said, though I'll probably immediately switch out the 4 Warriors for the extra Grotesque since I like the idea of assault more then the extra warriors.

Also, the people I know I'll probably be playing most are either Smurfs or one of their cousins, Tau and Orks which means there will be a nice mix of souls to harvest ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list)   Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invasion of Lady Malys (1st list)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: