THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New list to face anyone but especially necrons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
submarine
Hellion
submarine

New list to face anyone but especially necrons  Empty
PostSubject: New list to face anyone but especially necrons    New list to face anyone but especially necrons  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 16:48

Hey there, I am currently building a dark eldar army. My main opponent will be necrons. I want to bring a balance between hand to hand and shooting and of course highly mobile troops. I know that I won't be presenting the most competitive build out there, but I am not really concerned with that, because I want to field the models that I enjoy looking at and playing with. I like variation.

So here is the list:

CAD

HQ

Succubus, archite glaive, armour of misery, webway portal

Troops

5 Kabalites in venom with double cannon

Elite

9 incubi, raider DC (succubus goes here)

Fast Attack

razorwing, DL, SC
razorwing, DL, SC
6 reavers (2xCC)

Heavy support

Ravager with triple DL
Ravager with triple DL
Ravager with triple DL

Dark Artisan Formation

Haemonculus, WWP
Cronos with spirit probe
Talos, TL heat lance, ichor injector

The plan is for the Succubus and incubi and dark artisan formation is deep strike in and cause havoc behind enemy lines whilst the rest of the army lay down a barrage of shooting. I am hoping with FNP at 4+, that enough of the formation can survive to start causing some serious damage.

I wanted to include heat lance scourges, and an autarch on a bike with a mantle, but I really prefer the dark eldar as a purist army at the moment. Even if I got eldar in there, they would be painted as dark eldar renegades in similar colour scheme.

Obviously there are issues with fragility of the army but the talos and cronos hopefully offset that. The formation is there to compensate for their general lack of mobility.

Any thoughts....
Back to top Go down

New list to face anyone but especially necrons
Page 1 of 1