THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy

Go down 
+3
Kinnay
Sigmaril
Timatron
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy Empty
PostSubject: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 02:36

Lesser Daemons Of Slaanesh - Daemonettes.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 02:51

I'd like to comment on the format and not the content.

Imo, you should really do this kind of analysis by written text. It's much easier for the target audience to skim to the parts of interest.
If you insist on doing it by cam, you should at least sprinkle it with loads of examples or something while you talk over it. Looking at you this much up close is just a bit too awkward, and you stumble too much that I couldn't bear going through it.
Hope I don't come across too negative. I really would be interested in the topic. I just can't handle the format Smile
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 12:01

Seconded. I appreciate the effort and enjoy the information, but a written text would be much more approachable.

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 20:56

Well, not too be funny, but I have over 200 subscribers and a hardcore group of 50-100 who wait with anticipation for my videos. I do realise I'm slightly rusty as I haven't been filming for 2 months. Thanks for the feedback, but if I wanted to blog, I would blog; I want to make videos.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 23:14

For what it's worth, if you can bear me saying 'um' - here's the next one:
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 19:44

Quote :
Know Your Enemy

Dont want to sound offensive, but it really is the beard!
You dont lose much if you make it audio, just 18 mins of beard. Very Happy

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 19:52

That is offensive. Can you not comment if you're just going to be rude please? As I said above, there is nothing wrong with my beard, I have lots of loyal viewers, thanks. I can't see why you feel the need to insult me. Please remove your pointless comment and don't watch my videos, you're not welcome.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:02

Quote :
Can you not comment if you're just going to be rude please?
Im sorry. But i really needed to comunicate this to you. With good intentions.

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:03

It's just hair that grows out of my face, everyone has it, get over it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:23

Quote :
It's just hair that grows out of my face, everyone has it, get over it! Razz
Yeah, yeah! Very Happy

I found compromise, Adriana Lima on monitor.....
New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy Adriana-lima-640x360
and your audio on DE tactica. Turned out pretty decent tactica, thanks )). All hail Adriana cheers

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:54

She's got a stupidly shaped nose
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 03:54

As some one who works in marketing and advertising and having filmed my fair share of TV ads - I think the issue with the video is the camera position and angle.

I assume its being filmed from a web cam or maybe a tablet camera. A proper microphone, lighting and camera along with a deeper depth of field would help massively. Look at beasts of war for a very good example of a good set up (though the content can be mixed). Even some cheap home solutions for lighting and a tripod with a basic camera would be a good start.

Being this close to the viewer can be very off putting over extended (more than a minute or 2) periods of time.

In my opinion, this would help delivery of the content. I know full well how much time can go into recording and editing video so I applaud your dedication - I hope that you take this input in a constructive light.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 18:42

I actually use a Toshiba Camileo digital camcorder, the issue is, it doesn't support an external microphone, so I have to remain quite close to it in order for it's mic to pick me up properly. I film in my conservatory and the lighting is poor, that's why I have arrangements with multiple pro-painting studios to use pics of their models to break up my 'face-time'. Beasts of War are a fully professionila company with many emmoyees; I'm but one man!
Back to top Go down
Shbur
Hellion
Shbur

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 16:15

You don't need to have an external mic connection to your camera to get good audio. In fact, many cameras have awful in-camera amps that add a hiss to the microphone. The best solution is a 2 device set up. Essentially, you hit record on two devices, make a loud clapping sound, and line up the audio clip in post production and bang, everything is perfectly synced.

But, this is besides the point. Personally, the content on this seems like it should be in a podcast more so than a video. Just my 2 cents.

Slave
lustigjh

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 19:42

You advertise your videos on an Internet forum and get offended when someone offers a genuine criticism with good intentions? You should develop thicker skin. Telling potential viewers to "get over it" or that they're not welcome for offering criticism is a really poor way to garner new viewers.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 20:41

lustigjh wrote:
You advertise your videos on an Internet forum and get offended when someone offers a genuine criticism with good intentions? You should develop thicker skin.  Telling potential viewers to "get over it" or that they're not welcome for offering criticism is a really poor way to garner new viewers.
I don't think slagging me off for having a beard comes under that category. Azdrubael obviously knew I was kidding; pretty sure he doesn't need/want you to stick up for him.Also did you see the smileys and the banter?: Sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy   New  Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Episode In The Series - Know Your Enemy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: