THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aun'O Palawa
Slave
Aun'O Palawa

The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh   The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 13:17

Hello denizens of the Dark City!

The Drowned Brotherhood is a collection of Tau from a number of Septs; Outcasts and renegades, we have made a home in your great city. You may have already seen our station on the horizon, The Ascension. Originally a mobile cadre base and research station, it is now home to a number of breakaway factions from the Empire, its once gleaming hull covered with graffiti and its lower levels converted into a slum like habitat.

I have been working on this project for about a year so far, but it has been rather slow. However i'm finding i have some more free time recently so i'm hopefully going to be picking up the slack soon. I have a couple of models finished that i need to take better pictures of, so i'l be going through those when i have time. I also have a few things in the works too which i would love to share!

So here it goes.

The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh Stealt10

One of my stealth suits, i think this is the suit i'm happiest with and it really shows off what i was going for with the painting style.
The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh Stingr12
The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh Stingr13
And this is the Stingray Gunship, going to be a counts as hammerhead when its finished, still a long way to go on it, i'm hoping to cut away some of the bottom and have the main cannon poke out where the ram would usually be. Going to pick up a Longstrike tau model to stand pilot.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh   The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 13:27

I...........um..................well, I...............uh...................

Tau.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh   The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 11:06

Interesting concept.

I also collect Tau, but have never considered pairing them with my Dark Eldar - they just seem to be too far apart on the good/bad spectrum. But hey, why not? If Farsight could slip a little bit off the standard "Greater Good" line, then someone else could go further.

I'll be interested to see your finished Stingray.

What are you going to do for rules? Are they just Codex Tau who have evil fluff? The allies matrix makes it difficult to have and DE in a single corsair force.

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Aun'O Palawa
Slave
Aun'O Palawa

PostSubject: Re: The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh   The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2015, 13:56

An idea i had towards explaining it was based around the idea that the Tau wanted knowledge of the warp, and the Dark Eldar being the most likely source to trade with for that information. But of course what would a Dark Eldar do when a new blue toy presented itself to them? Try to break it of course!
And with the Tau having little to no 'Soul' i could see them being more valuable as mercenaries to the Dark Eldar rather than just a food source.

Currently just standard Codex:Tau, but id love to start thinking about some of my own things, Tau pathfinder jetbikes have always been something i'v liked the idea of, and some CC lone fighting Tau grotesque type unit (or perhaps battlesuit with incubus combat training mental implants?), going full samurai somewhere would be amazing.

BUT sadly at the moment time and money are both tight, hopefully that will change with an interview i have this friday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh   The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Drowned Brotherhood - Cadre of Commorragh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: