THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corporal Chaos
Slave
Corporal Chaos

DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge Empty
PostSubject: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15 2015, 18:01

I read a battle report somewhere that had a troupe of harlies bridge the gap between Eldar and Dark Eldar to form an alliance. My idea is to have an outcast band of Eldar Corsairs teamed up with a Dark Eldar raiding force set to do raids from an exodite colony with the Harliquins as the ambassador to unify this odd force. Does this seem to be usable as a basis of reason for this force. The DE are the core and the Allies will be the Eldar. I am musing on the possibility. Any input from the other Kabals?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 00:14

Love it. Eldar are, above all other things, racists. In the face of other threats, it makes total sense. I like the idea of the Harlequins as go-betweens.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 18:54

Harlequins are definitely the most tolerant to other eldar. Their own agendas and plans are probably more messed up and confusing than any other, but you can't go much wrong fluff-wise no matter what is going on if the alliance is formed by harlequins.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Corporal Chaos
Slave
Corporal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 19:13

Thanks, I'm trying to come up with a good reason to combine the forces other than a desperate situation. Maybe these outcasts are falling to the old ways. I dunno know the corsairs or exodites may fall sway to the DE way of doing things and the Harliquins are there to work their own angle on things to come.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 23:16

The fluff mentions a few Eldar who either cross party lines, or who have some nefarious agenda. My personal army is built around Urien Rakarth, who falls in the 'unspecified shady agenda' camp. I chose to go with reunification of the Eldar race as his ultimate end goal.
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25 2015, 20:06

Really like this idea, I'm doing very similar using a Corsair warband (The Dragon's Claws) as allies to my Kabal. I want them to be both influenced by Harlequins, who broker alliances between the kin to best deal with whatever mutual threats arise.

I must say "unspecified shady agenda" is by far the best way of describing Rakarth I've heard!!! Smile

Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25 2015, 20:30

Corporal Chaos wrote:
Thanks, I'm trying to come up with a good reason to combine the forces other than a desperate situation. Maybe these outcasts are falling to the old ways. I dunno know the corsairs or exodites may fall sway to the DE way of doing things and the Harliquins are there to work their own angle on things to come.

Outcasts would sooner ally with other Eldar, whichever end of the spectrum they're from, than a xenos race. Perhaps it's to achieve an objective, such as the retrieval of an ancient artefact, spirit stone or suchlike. Perhaps it's an alliance to prevent some future threat to Eldar plans from being realised (Harlequins would suggest a target, without much need to explain. I think from the fluff, their influence is considerable!)

I'm basing my alliance on an ancient duty; the corsair warband is more like nomadic exodites than a spaceborne raiding force, so they would aim to destroy threats to particular worlds. Dark Eldar can be enlisted on the basis of the potential for slaves, trophies and the chance to slaughter a few lesser races...A generally fun day out for the dark kin.

PostSubject: Re: DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge   DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE with outcast/exodite allies using Harliquins as a bridge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: