THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary

Go down 
+3
Sky Serpent
Hydra
Gobsmakked
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary Empty
PostSubject: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2011, 17:22

As far as a summary goes, there just isn't much, so see Darkmark below and Sky's other thread at https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1298-sky-serpent-went-to-games-day

SNEAK PEEK

Forge World has been posting sneak peaks of some things they will have on display on Sept. 25th (only 19 more sleeps!) on their Facebook page.

This one popped up today, looking very DE-ish. Could be the Tantalus, but that's hardly a surprise any more. So ....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=286083868075567&set=a.257098454307442.84604.257094630974491&type=1&ref=nf

Forge World wrote:
"Games Day UK T-Minus 19 Days:
We've got another intriguing preview image for you today, which you'll be able to see in all its glory alongside designer Daren Parrwoood... any guesses?"

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary 300535_286083868075567_257094630974491_1425011_3416671_n

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sun Sep 25 2011, 23:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2011, 22:12

Oh, I remember the FW-Guy on GD Germany saying, that they are doing a brass-etch/resing hybrid kit.

So even finer flooring than the plastic stuff from GW. I think it was the katamaran-style. But maybe it is even the bigger one. Wait and see is what we can do...

getting excited though...

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 20:15

Ooooh I missed this. I'll be going to Games Day this year and will be sure to report back on everything.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 20:40

hopefully we get a look at "man-o-war" style broadside ship. Just thinking rolling up along side a super-heavy with 10+ DL and unleasing a full broadside makes me giddy with joy Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 09:06

Shadows Revenge wrote:
hopefully we get a look at "man-o-war" style broadside ship. Just thinking rolling up along side a super-heavy with 10+ DL and unleasing a full broadside makes me giddy with joy Razz

You and me both ......... Very Happy

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary DSC_0022 Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary DEbargeconcept1

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 09:43

Where is that sketch taken from?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 10:28

Darren Parrwood's sketchbook, I believe, at FW Open Day earlier this year. I didn't take it, but found it on TSINI's Lucky 88th blog

Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 14:27

My first Games Day, can't wait to be honest. And that sketch looks wicked...and with 10 Dark Lances...*faints in thought of the firepower*

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 23:08

Rather than start a new thread, I have re-named this one and we can post anything DE-related that comes out of this year's GDUK here. I will keep an updated summary running in the first post.

Only two more sleeps! We need photos denizens, lots of of them - models and sketches. An unusually grisly fate awaits those who return from the raid without pics.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 17:16

The quotes below seem to sum up the whole GDUK2011 from what I have seen so far, this is pretty much it, and it’s got to be 5pm in the UK.

Nothing to show for DE, although they were apparently mentioned in the FW seminar (see below) and it doesn’t sound good. We NEED to find more details from that seminar.

And not even anything about the remaining 40K release for this year, Necrons.

DrLove42 wrote:
FW seminar over. Lots to post. Big things:

IA12 is not DE. Its a prison asteroid, penal guard, minotaur marines and Tzeentch chaos
The 3 new DE skimmer I mentioned will not be made due to time constraints. Other than the phoenix lord, no new xenos is planned for a while
But a chaos contemptor is due

More when I can.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showpost.php?p=158745&postcount=18

NB – haven’t seen actually seen any other reference of his to the “3 new DE skimmer I mentioned”, nor has he posted any more detail from the seminar yet.

philbrad2 wrote:
Well 2011 already, my my how time flys. As I stand in the GD UK queue for my 17th Gamesday (wow!) and probably the 12th/13th I've helped cover for Portent/WarSeer. Doors are about top open and as the painted nemesis of Gotham City might say...

And here ... we .. go !
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5801766&postcount=1

philbrad2 wrote:
There is nothing on the Deisgn Studio stand (I currently sit above it) for 40K all GW are doing is pimping Dreadfleet, Ogres and Storm of Magic. Only interesting 40K bits I've seen is a some new greens. New Cadian IG, a new Warlock and a Storm Guardian, [last two are training sculpts]

FW nothing really apart from Bran we've not seen, semiar is sold out couldn't get a ticket for sither session this year. Retial is an absolute nightmare, who thought of putting BL, FW and GW retail in the smallest hall with restricted access needs giving the Emperor's Mercy its totally stupid. So far with GD2011 I'm disappointed.
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5802001&postcount=60

philbrad2 wrote:
Well I've returned to chez Phil as there was nothing left to see. After the WS meet did one circuit of the design studio tables - to see if anything had 'emerged from stasis' and FW studio tables to see if the Wulfen of Bran Redmaw had emerged - it hadn't. Couple of things the Khorne Contemptor was on show and a side-by-side multi-melta for the Contemptor as well.

On the whole armies on parade and GD were nicely laid out with much more space than previous years though to my eye entries were down on previous years. Gaming hall was frenzied noisy hot as you'd expect. Retail ... sorry this was a joke, to put GW, FW & BL retail in the smallest hall with limited in out access is simply insane! After about an hour of doors opening the PA system announced apologies for the retail layout and delays would be quite long, in fact queue for the retail hall was stretching back to the far side of the gaming hall at one point. GW really seriously need to address this. FW reservation pick up at the front of the venue excellent idea and seemed to work well. The rest... well we headed for retail first thing and were probably 30 people deep at the FW stand at 9.30AM spent a further 10 minutes trying to locate the single lane for people leaving the hall who weren't buying anything (or couldn't get near). The whole thing really was a complete farce and I saw a lot of angry people. Quite how GW address this I don't know, but this year the mayhem of the 2010 FW stand was bought to all. As ever BL's lane system worked well but they were tight for space.

This will be my last UK Gamesday. It's simply not worth the entrance fee for a model I don't want and nothing new to show me. Sure its not all those things to everyone there were some great models on show and the gaming halls were doing their bit but it left me and several others I spoke to disappointed.

There was a distinct lack of numbers to previous years and the event felt quite small. But hey I'm old and cranky

Sorting some photos out to post anyone with any link to the FW seminar notes/videos etc.. I for one would be happy yo see them. Think I'll go watch the F1 ...

Adieu

PhilB
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5802350&postcount=162

Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 20:51

Quoting Eldargal quoting DRLove42 from BoLs Laughing :

Also for IA12...it was supposed to be DE. But they've re-written the story for them and feel one book wasn't enough? So maybe two books for the DE

The 3 new DE raiders (1 with 2 Pulsars, 1 with 6 Lances and one very similar to the Tantalus) were used to get the correct idea of size for the Tantalus. They won't be made at present due to time constraints and not needing them. Come IA13 (if it is DE) theres a strong chance they could return

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 23:41

Some pics, will keep looking for more.

First is from Ulthwe Guardian at BoLS, showing a Tantalus alternative and a twin pulse/void(?) lance job:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=17560&page=5

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary Attachment

Another view of the twin-lance raider from RecalcitrantDaze's blog:
http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com/2011/09/games-day-uk-2011-part-1.html

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary DSCF8403

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Sep 26 2011, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 15:42

Hmm... if that second one is twin pulsars... I would buy that in a heartbeat Razz

Too bad we arent seeing it. Would make sense though, Eldar Titan Tech on a small skimmer is so DE... glass cannon ftw Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 03:55

Nice detailed close up of the Tantalus (only one, unfortunately), from The Veil's Edge
http://theveilsedge.blogspot.com/2011/09/uk-games-day-2011-pt-i-forge-world.html

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary IMG_4767

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary   Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games Day UK, Sept. 25 - Sneak peak & Summary
Page 1 of 1