THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Artisan Rules Questions

Go down 
+3
Evil Space Elves
Caldria
organicpesticide
7 posters
AuthorMessage
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

Dark Artisan Rules Questions Empty
PostSubject: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 19:35

Can the Dark Artisan formation be joined by a squad of 5 kabalite warriors? It only states it can't be joined by independent characters.

If so, will the units majority save be 5+? Therefore grav guns would wound the combined unit on a 5?

Also if the Haemonculous has a WWP can he deepstrike with the formation + 5 warriors?
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 20:09

Warriors can't join units ever in any case, so regardless of the Dark Artisan's restrictions warriors would not be able to join them unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 20:29

Caldria wrote:
Warriors can't join units ever in any case, so regardless of the Dark Artisan's restrictions warriors would not be able to join them unfortunately.

This would be my interpretation as well.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 20:38

I think that's why I'm confused. Does the Dark Artisan act as a Independent Character type of unit itself. So conversely can it join other units?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 20:50

organicpesticide wrote:
I think that's why I'm confused. Does the Dark Artisan act as a Independent Character type of unit itself. So conversely can it join other units?

Think of it as a unit. Can't be joined by independent characters because of the rule in the entry, can't be joined by units because it's a unit.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 22:52

you also have to remember, that ordinarily the talos and cronos wouldn't be able to be joined by the haemonculus were it not for the formation rule, nor would they be able to join each other. Nothing in the formation rule allows other units to join the monstrous creatures, even if it doesn't say they can't join the haemonculus.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 23:25

I forgot the ruling but did we determine if it is a squad of talos and cronos or just 1 of each?
Back to top Go down
Sinister
Slave
Sinister

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 23:55

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
I forgot the ruling but did we determine if it is a squad of talos and cronos or just 1 of each?

I have seen in played as a unit of each + HQ but we are still waiting to see a response to our FAQ to GW on this one. There is no way my gaming group would let me play it as a unit of 3 talos and cronos as it stretches the wording of the entry a little far IMO.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:04

According to the Haemonculous Covens Supplement "All units in this Formation must be fielded as a single unit, even though this is not normally allowed. Models with the Independent Character special rule cannot join this unit." This means the unit still has a majority toughness of 7. So if the haemonculous is in front (equidistant from the Talos and Cronos) all wound rolls must used toughness 7? Additionally, does that mean weapons that double out the haemonculous' toughness of 4 are ineffective?
Back to top Go down
Omega1907
Hellion
Omega1907

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:06

organicpesticide wrote:
According to the Haemonculous Covens Supplement "All units in this Formation must be fielded as a single unit, even though this is not normally allowed. Models with the Independent Character special rule cannot join this unit."  This means the unit still has a majority toughness of 7. So if the haemonculous is in front (equidistant from the Talos and Cronos) all wound rolls must used toughness 7? Additionally, does that mean weapons that double out the haemonculous' toughness of 4 are ineffective?

In the shooting phase, yes, the majority T is 7, so all attacks are rolled against that value. As 7 can't be doubled, the haemy can't be instantdeathed.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:09

That only counts for when rolling to wound. If a S8 wound is allocated to the haemonculus and his save is failed, he will still be doubled out and die instantly.
Back to top Go down
Omega1907
Hellion
Omega1907

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:11

Caldria wrote:
That only counts for when rolling to wound. If a S8 wound is allocated to the haemonculus and his save is failed, he will still be doubled out and die instantly.

True point, I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:13

That makes sense. If I understand correctly the Haemonculous wouldn't be able to take a 3+(1+, 4) Feel No Pain because he already took the instant death wound?
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:22

That's correct - however, in order to have the 3+ FnP you're most likely using the nightmare doll, which ignores the first instant death wound the Haemonculus would receive, and then breaks - unable to be used for the rest of the game. So there is that still.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 18:30

Is the look out sir roll a 2+ in this case(Haemonculous is an IC)? Just in case you want to allocate >strength 8 wounds to the MCs.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 19:41

Indeed it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Artisan Rules Questions   Dark Artisan Rules Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Artisan Rules Questions
Page 1 of 1