THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD

Go down 
+2
SCP Yeeman
colinsherlow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD Empty
PostSubject: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 17:14

I am going to a tournament this weekend called Gottacon on Victoria BC Canada this weekend. There are 5 mission. 3 are eternal war and two maelstrom.

I am able to run 2 CADs so I am taking Dark Eldar and Eldar.

Here is my 1750.

DARK ELDAR CAD

HQ
Archon w/ WWP, blaster

TROOP
2x5 Kabalite Warriors
2x1 Venom w/ extra splinter cannon

FAST ATTACK
2x1 Razorwing jet fighters w/ dark lances

Raider w/ night shields

ELDAR CAD

HQ
Autarch w/ bike, fusion, lance, mantle of the laughing god (warlord)

ELITE
5 Fire Dragons w/ exarch-fast shot
Wave Serpent w/ twin scatter, cannon

TROOP
10 Guardian Defenders
Wave Serpent w/ twin scatter, cannon

3 windrider jet bikes

FAST ATTACK
2x1 Hornet w/ 2 pulse lasers. Running these as a separate

HEAVY SUPPORT
Wraith knight. Stock

The fire dragons will usually deep strike in the raider with the archon so that the serpent can give me good fire support from the get go. If I deep strike the serpent with dragons in will be because I can kill multiple threats back field much easier when required.
I can also use the raider to give cover and cock block sometimes or to even grab objective or maelstrom points

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 17:39

Looks solid and I think you have all the bases covered. You have some of everything that is needed and have an answer of some sort for every threat.

How does the Mantle Autarch work for you?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 19:02

He didn't do well at the LVO. But that was more me being an idiot and over aggressive with him.

One game he died to a flyrant via shooting in one phase. With full wounds... The next game 5 tac bolter marines did the same. He was great in the other games. Stopped some quad heavy bolter artillery guys from shooting for a few turns, killed some sisters and tanks etc

I have used him before the event though. He is a great utility character. Good for objective/maelstrom grabbing. Finishing/tying off/up small units and good at vehicle hunting.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 19:09

Do your Guardians have a platform? If not, I might drop them down to Avengers and grab another Dragon or Cannons on the Razorwings. If they do have a platform, I would still drop them and grab 2 Dragons. I have found 7 to be the sweet spot with them. Enough in number incase you miss and durable enough that someone cannot just throw 5 bolter marnes at you and leave the squad dead or useless.

I can definitely see use for him the Mantle Autarch. I just look at him whenever I make a list and want more out of him for the point cost. I should try him out more and see. He works wonders for me with my Grotesques as a CC beast. Sucks you cant combine the Soulshrive and Mantle. Be nice to have a better weapon on him than the Lance.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 19:30

May you remind me on what the soulshrive does? I don't recall what it does or how many points it is. Been dabating ontrying shining spears and an autarch could work well with them.

I originally had avengers instead of guardians, but I can't seem to find them. And i would for sure add cannons to the flyers if i had the avengers instead. I asked the tournament organiser if I could use the guardians as avengers, but he would prefer me to use the proper models WYSIWYG. I'd paint avengers if time permitted. But I don't have any of that unfortunately.

The is no platform on the guardians.  I might even consider using the wwp with them if it seems more appropriate some games

I can definitely see your reasoning on having a few more dragons. If they drop and have one bad shooting phase then they are likely toast.  That would be another great option if I could switch out my guardians.

I like this list a lot, and hope it works out well. I won gottacon last year, but I do not think I will this year due to being more rusty than I would like to be.  I will hopefully do well.  Gottacon is a medium sized tournament so my odds aren't that bad. 60 people at this event

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 21:21

Soulshrive is from the Iyanden Supplement. It is Str. 3 AP 2, but every unsaved wound caused adds +1 Str to the weapon. It is great! It is 30pts

I have tried 5 or 6 Dragons but it seems that 7 is the sweet spot for me. Bad shooting phases are less obvious with so many melta guns and they shoot things dead including Knights or super Heavies. The AP1 is very handy.

Overall the list is good, and hope you do well!

Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 08:34

+1 for soulshrike its 30pts sure but it always got its point back for me(i usually play vs IG,Nids and several SM types) it become common in my lists waay too strong opportunity to miss when im running reavers/shiningspears but mantle is basically the same with hit and run and 2+reroll cover
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 12:59

I personally feel like the Mantle is trying to cover a weakness (durability) that helps but does not solve the problem. Charging a Mantle Autarch and beating him is not a tough thing to do. Shooting means he has a 2+ reroll, but I would rather go for maximum threats with tons of damage and the Soulshrive does that masterfully. The Mantle Autarch above is solid points wise and can hit hard only when, but cannot take blows back.

And since you cant combine both the Mantle and Soulshrive, I would bunker him with some Reavers or even regular bikes. With the Reavers, they get the Hit and Run Mantle grants so you still can get some of the benefit and with Reavers Skilled Rider Jinking is a 3+ on them making them much tougher and good Combat Drug would help as well.

Now in Colins list, I see how he works and is viable. I can see how he operates and fills a need in his list. The baove is simply how i go about thinking of the Autarch and the Mantle in general.
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 16:14

aw forgot that you cant take both relics >.< sry
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 18:36

Thanks for the feed back fellas

I may have to try the autarch with soulshrive soon. Reavers with caltrops or spears would be the way to go

Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 19:56

i tried both, reavers with proper drug are better than spears oh and spears get all nice stuff from the exarch so dont let him die Razz
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01 2015, 03:41

Doing well so far. 3-0 so far. Two more games tomorrow :-)

Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01 2015, 09:00

Nice, good job. Make sure to post some reports if you find the time Wink
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02 2015, 01:21

Went 5-0.

Was the only 5-0. Won best gen and best overall. 2 years in a row now ;-)

There were only 48 people at this event, but I had some of the most difficultl games that I have had at a tournament.
I will try and do a report at the event soon

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 22:21

Congratulations, Colin, that was a great effort and a very well-deserved win!

Make sure you post a copy of your pic of the loot you won here, it will cause endless archonite envy! Very Happy

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 22:41

How do I do that?

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 22:56

Congrats on winning best general, Colin!  

Maybe this finally silence all the naysayers who think the CWE can't win in a competitive environment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 00:16

colinsherlow wrote:
How do I do that?

Very Happy This should do it.

1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD 10422278_10152740054447816_4621300474511106326_n

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 00:22

Look at all that snazzy loot

PostSubject: Re: 1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD   1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 DE/Eldar tourny list both CAD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: