THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making moulds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

Making moulds Empty
PostSubject: Making moulds   Making moulds I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 22:34

Wht would I use to make 2 part moulds?

And what to cast in...I would like something as strong as resin. (even if I have to reinforce with wire)

I have already used blue stuff and green stuff, -this is for sculpting and copying pouches. I feel that even futuristic warriors will need ammo storage. This works very well and makes my Kabalites look more kitted out (and lets face it, harder to paint.)

This method also works wonderfully to make those ribbed armour backs that the kabalites have...the 3rd ed plastic warriors dont have them. with a bit of humouring I can get 20 warriors ot of a 10 man box that way. This is time consuming and fiddly but allows for more variation in figures and hey, saves me money.

with green stuff I can have lots of pouches and bits. I use a bit of stretched sprue rod as those combat drug phials, and have even sawed off those round stubs on the sprue to make extra of those reels for the saftey lines the Kabalites have.

Blue stuff allows for such marvels but I would like to go further.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Making moulds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making moulds   Making moulds I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2015, 00:18

I can and do cast my own bases and sculpts from time to time... 2 part casting will require a vacuum chamber to have any reliability.

A silicone rubber for the moulds and a liquid resin are my mediums of choice

http://objectivesecured.com.au/

Making moulds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: