THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Different base sizes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Different base sizes Empty
PostSubject: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 12:59

Sorry for keeping to ask this all the time, but this time it's not about units but about tokens.
Is it said in any part of the BRB what size the mission objectives have to be? I see a lot of people use regular 25mm bases, but I was thinking of using 40mm bases for the up to five small objectives, and 60mm bases for the two 'home objectives'. Yay? Nay?

And then of course pain tokens. The size of them is not ruled anywhere because basically they don't affect the game at all but rather work as reminders for the players, yes? That being said, what is more common, 25mm or 40mm?

Thanks!

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 13:07

I guess both are matter of agreement with enemy. One time I had few Imperial bastions as center objective and "power plants" as home objectives (scenario allowed any unit in reserves to be deployed without scatter within 6" from bastion if You captured it while enemy did not captured Your power plant).
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2011, 13:53

Only thing I found about objective size is on page 91, which says objectives can have any size.
BRB p.91 wrote:

As different objectives vary in shape
and size, it is important to agree at the beginning of
the game exactly where this distance will be
measured from.

Standard bases seem common, but you can take whatever you want.
In my group for example, we use tokens to represent different objectives, in or on terrain, or just terrain pieces, as they are.

For example we have a 40mm base nestled with antennas and satelite dishes that can be placed on any building to represent a comunications relay, but it couldn't be placed on the ground.
But we use exeptionally many buildings, so it is very uncommon to have any objectives outside of buildings.

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 01:32

Most gamers and gaming groups I have seen use 40s for thier objectives.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 01:44

I just read that 40mm seems to be standard for tournaments and events. Would it be 'modelling for advantage' though, if I made at least the Capture and Control objectives 60mm? So many possibilities to build a nice objective!

And how about the Pain Tokens. Any opinions?

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 03:54

I just use the green skulls from the Apok set. But I've seen 28s being used to count up PTs

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 04:28

I use 25mm bases for pain tokens. I have a spike in the middle over which I slide space marine helmets to represent each pain token the unit gains. Simple and efective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different base sizes   Different base sizes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different base sizes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-