THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pts Coven list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

1000 pts Coven list Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pts Coven list   1000 pts Coven list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 21:36

This is a pure coven list. I'm new to playing covens so some feedback and tips would be nice. I've found that it is difficult to get good AT in the list. The Scissorhand with rending is pretty much one of the few things that can get around it, which is why I've got so many in the army. The list is designed around null deployment btw Razz

HQ
Haemonculus (goes with grotesques)
Scissorhand
wwp

Haemonculus (goes with liquifier wracks)
liquifier gun
wwp

Elites
4 Grotesques
Abberation (mostly in here because I have a model for it)

5 Wracks
Liquifier
Acothyst with liquifier

5 wracks
Ossefactor
venom with dual splinter cannon

Dark Artisian Formation
Cronos with Spirit Probe
Talos with twin-linked heat lance
Haemonculus with wwp

The Nightmare Doll
Scissorhand

Total Army 1000 pts

Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts Coven list   1000 pts Coven list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 23:05

Welcome to the space elves that can take a hit Smile

Outside of the scalpel squadron I don't personally see a use for wracks.They're not doing much that the grots won't do better.

I like the idea though, and it's similar to something I played recently. Dark Artisan starts on the board, and two units of grots come in via web way. One issue I had, and have had almost every time I've ran two wwp units, is coming in piecmail. Another issue is the slowness of the DA. It's possible to work around it with objective placement and the like, and it's less of an issue against some armies than others, but something to keep in mind.

For a while I used lots of scissorhands, but honestly they never did much for me. Different environment might give different results though, so give them a shot and see what you think.

Lastly...the nightmare doll...I realize with the wording it can be taken to stack with the cronos, but I don't personally play it that way, as the wording is similar to things that modify necron reanimation protocals, and the last thing in the world I want is precedent for units of twenty warriors with 3+ RP.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts Coven list   1000 pts Coven list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 23:46

I agree with Fraust about Wracks. I don't "get' Wracks. They fill no defined role that I can see. They are the slightly more butch first cousin of Wyches. And I don't mean that as a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts Coven list   1000 pts Coven list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 00:49

Fraust wrote:
Welcome to the space elves that can take a hit Smile

Outside of the scalpel squadron I don't personally see a use for wracks.They're not doing much that the grots won't do better.

I agree with you here, however I have them laying around and I want to use them Razz Besides I don't have enough Grotesques to fill up both elite slots, so I need to bring at least one unit.

Also what I have found is that if you often lack numbers with Coven. The small Wrack units help to compensate for this and can be used to grab objectives and such.

Fraust wrote:
I like the idea though, and it's similar to something I played recently. Dark Artisan starts on the board, and two units of grots come in via web way. One issue I had, and have had almost every time I've ran two wwp units, is coming in piecmail. Another issue is the slowness of the DA. It's possible to work around it with objective placement and the like, and it's less of an issue against some armies than others, but something to keep in mind.

If you're going to start them on the board, then I would reccomend bringing a second Talos instead of the Haemonculus. For more damage output.

The slowness is a really big issue for this army overall, as it is really hard to get to the enemy, which is why I use null deployment.

Fraust wrote:
For a while I used lots of scissorhands, but honestly they never did much for me. Different environment might give different results though, so give them a shot and see what you think.

Yeah I really brought them only to have something against armour, as otherwise there isn't much against it for the Coven units.

Fraust wrote:
Lastly...the nightmare doll...I realize with the wording it can be taken to stack with the cronos, but I don't personally play it that way, as the wording is similar to things that modify necron reanimation protocals, and the last thing in the world I want is precedent for units of twenty warriors with 3+ RP.

It definitely stacks though, the Necron Reanimation Protocols specifically state they can't become any better than a 4+.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts Coven list   1000 pts Coven list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 pts Coven list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: