THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalyxidae hybristoma
Hellion

Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP)   Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 02:36

Hey Folks!

So the stormfiend kit is goddamn fabulous, and while they will be much larger than regular grotesques, they come with all sorts of fantastic bits! Most of the weapon parts of the arms are basically interchangeable, and many can be easily adapted!

Here's a couple of janky (if you'll forgive them) photos of the front and back of my first abberation, as well as a sketch of the concept and a few grot helmet ideas.  Ideally he'll be holding and eviscerating something in that claw. I'm hoping to incorporate sharky and ancient fish type qualities, as Haemonculus Kharval is currently housed by the Bleaksoul Bretheren, and i imagine they've got some neat critters in the Viridian Sound. I plan to try and sculpt some weird sharky heads onto these guys.
In my haste, however, I forgot to deal with the hair patches first, and now it's in fairly awkward places. Do you guys have any particular advice for dealing with that? Lots of careful shaving/sanding?

Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) TnVWYyD
Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) VZAG0JW
Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) 0AUd67E

In my haste, however, I forgot to deal with the hair patches first, and now it's in fairly awkward places. Do you guys have any particular advice for dealing with that? Lots of careful shaving/sanding?
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP)   Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 04:55

Looks good so far.  I'm glad you're doing something with the fur (Grots with fur are a pet-peeve of mine, it's out of character for grots and just seems like lazy modelling, I guess).  I prefer to go all the way down to bare muscle (which admittedly takes a fair bit of time and occasionally some resculpting), but in certain places where that isn't practical I've found if you just remove the little fur spikes it comes out looking like ripped clothes rather than a fur patch (one of the other 2 fiends has some leg patches this works really well on FYI).

I'd love to see the shock gauntlet electrodes turned into a fistful of little syringe type things.  And I'm being picky here, but for me the big syringe is a tad too big (it'd go straight through most things lol) I'd probably cut it down to about the size of the Talos Ichor Injector (but it's obviously your model so do whatever works for you!!!)

edit: Unless what I think is a big syringe is actually going to be a harpoon type thing (from looking at your concept art), then ignore me lol.
Back to top Go down
Khalyxidae hybristoma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP)   Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 14:36

Yeah, i think I might shorten it, too. It's a bit in the way right now as well.

And yeah, that was my initial plan for the other shock gauntlet. I'm putting the other one in the chest of the second abberation, and plan to make it into a big cluster of injectors. This one, i'm going to wait till i've got the victim in place to mess with it too much further.

I am a fan of the idea of bare muscle, and would like to see if i can get that working. Any tips for that?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP)   Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormfiend - Abberation conversion (very WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: