THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need help with list for local competition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lawlskees
Hellion
lawlskees

Need help with list for local competition Empty
PostSubject: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 04:46

Competition is march 21st, so i have very little time to finish painting what I have while deciding on the best list possible with what I have. It's my very first competition, so all your help is much appreciated. I want you guys to approve or ruthlessly butcher this list. tear it apart, critisize it, and whatever you have to do to help me perfect it. if it's good then let me know as well. based on my knowledge of what works and what doesnt this is what I came up with.

1 archon
aganizer
shadowfield
blaster
soul trap

x4 incubi - in a (venom) 1 is klaivex - with archon

x5 scourge
4 haywire blasters

x5 warriors, sybarite, blaster, haywire - in a (venom)

x5 warriors, sybarite, blaster, haywire - in a (venom)

x10 warriors, sybarite, haywire, blaster - in a (raider with splint racks)

x10 warriors, sybarite, haywire, blaster - in a (raider with splint racks)

x1 ravager - the holy trinity that is the triple lance

x2 Razorwing Jetfighters - double lance

1500pts

So there is my hq, 30 warriors, 3 venoms, 1 ravager, 2 razorwing, 2 raiders, and my scourges and incubi. everything is 100% mechanized, because scourges are coming in deepstrike.  i have like 20 anti tank weapons? I didnt bother posting points but it comes to 1500 points exactly. Reason why I gave archon so many upgrades is because of the spare like 25 points i had. Otherwise i would of just went with shadowfield and agonizer. But why not throw in the soul trap and blast for crap n gigs?

K guys, blast away please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 05:41

I like the list. Only 2 things i would change;I would get rid of the Sybarites and blasters in raiders and keep the archon with just agoniser and shadow field like you originally had. With the extra points I would get a second ravager with 3dl
Back to top Go down
lawlskees
Hellion
lawlskees

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 06:38

What about another unit of scourges with those points? when I use them it's literaly point and click against vehicles.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 12:59

Yeah I'd drop all the sybarites, and all the haywire grenades, saves about 60pts I reckon. Personally I'd also leave the soul trap behind as I don't see enough targets for it to make a difference (you'd need to cause at least two wounds to get re-rolls against MEQ with the agoniser, how many challenges is he likely to get into and win?

Also, if he's going with the incubi, I'd consider making it a blast pistol instead, gets him an extra attack and is still useful on the charge (managed two wounds on dreadknights with my BP last night, which made the combats easier!).

I'd also be tempted (personally) to drop the blasters out of the raider and venom squads, that gets you another 60pts for either another ravager (if you lose the soul trap) or scourges (if you keep the soul trap).

Venoms don't want to get too close, their advantage is their range, the warriors are just a bonus if you end up closer by accident.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
lawlskees
Hellion
lawlskees

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 17:35

The sybarite upgrade was generally for my fear of having a leadership of 8. I updated the list by dropping the blasters from the raider squads and Haywires from all the warriors. Also removed soul trap and blaster from archon. MAde him simply for melee. I was able to get exactly 120 points and fit in another 5 scourge. Well, I'll have to buy some and paint them now. I have to paint 13 warriors, 9 scourge, a raider, a ravager, and a another razorwing, all to a competition level paint job before march 21st.... I'm planning to compete for best painted as well. I'm going to be painting my butt off these next few weeks.

Douple post removed ///Vasara
Back to top Go down
SweaterKittens
Hellion
SweaterKittens

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 03:55

I would really be interested to see how your list does, you should make sure to post a batrep or even just update this thread once the competition is over. And post lots of pictures of your painted army!
Back to top Go down
lawlskees
Hellion
lawlskees

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 16:42

I will make sure to do so! I tested out the list over the weekend against a grey knights player. To test the list even more I gave him a 500 point handicap. So it was my 1500 point list vs 2000 points of grey knights. To make a long story short it was an intense game but I managed the win scoring 8-6. It came down to the bitter end of turn 6.

It's amazing how competitive dark eldar can be if you make the right list. My only really worry for the competition is the new necrons. I got a chance to look at the list of people for the competition and 35% are necrons. I have never played necrons, in this edition or the last so I really don't know what to expect. Anyone got any thoughts on how I might counter them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with list for local competition   Need help with list for local competition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with list for local competition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: