THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blog wars 9

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 23:23

Hey folks. I will be attending blog wars 9 this summer at the northwest gaming centre. It is a great 3 game friendly tournament with some great prize support, and a cool crowd that attend. Also it is pretty cheap at £17.50. It is open to anyone (not just bloggers, although that's how it started, hence the name). It is an 1850pt tourney, with the caveat that your army needs to include a special character.

I know the burning eye will also be attending with his DE, although I am bringing my space wolves as I have nowhere near enough stuff painted for my DE yet. Hope to see some of you there Smile

Here is a linky to the site. Better hurry if you want to go as there is only 9 spots left.

http://fromthefang.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-wars-9-maelstrom-of-battle.html

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 08:47

Yup, my ticket is bought, can't wait, though I've still got plenty left to paint to get there (3 Reavers, 3 grotesques, 1 raider, 10 warriors).

Looking forward to actually meeting some of the people behind the blogs!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 09:17

Yeah me too. Got a list stuck to my wall above my desk that has all the stuff I need to get done. It is doable but still slightly unpleasant Very Happy

I need :- 3 thunderwolf cav, 5 grey hunters, 2 drop pods & an iron priest to paint. Doesn't sound too bad right? I will still struggle Smile

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 21:13

The drop pods will be the killers, I bought two for my blood Angels, nowhere near painted even the first one - and I need lots more for my iron fists too!

My unpainted list is looking manageable now, I managed to get 5 warriors done last night, hoping to get the next five done this week (got games two nights so painting time will be a bit restricted).

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 21:45

Yeah drop pods are a bugger. I tried to do 4 for the last blog wars, but could only get as far as the base washes. Building them was truly excruciating, and trying to paint them put me off hobbying for weeks afterwards. The two i am doing are part of the 4 from last time Very Happy

Good luck with the painting. I am sure you will get it all done in time, as you have been pretty consistent with your painting goals so far Smile

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 22:59

Hey guys!

I'm not able to attend BW 9 due to my dads 50th birthday but I will be heading to BW10 in November.

I look forward to hearing your opinions and reports (wink wink nudge nudge Wink ) on BW9 so I know what to expect.

I don't know what the standard is but I'll wager both your forces will be some of the prettiest of the bunch.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 23:18

I'm unlikely to make Blogwars 10 - expecting our second child in September so I'm likely to be kinda busy...
Unless the good lady wants to get rid of me of course... Wink

Thanks both of you - I'm normally an horrendous painting butterfly so this year I'm trying to really focus in on getting what I've got finished (aside from about 3600pts of Dark Eldar, I've got over 6k of Iron Fists marines that are maybe 25% done) before getting some more bits to finish my blood angels (Bloodstone Knights) and wraith army (The Revenant).

Who knows, maybe by the end of the year I can contemplate starting the building process for another army.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 07:33

Awesome dragontree, I should be there in November too, so would be great to meet you. I am really hoping I can get enough done on my DE to bring there Smile

I am expecting our first in mid July, but that should give me enough time for things to settle before bw10 in November (hopefully) Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blog wars 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog wars 9   Blog wars 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blog wars 9
Page 1 of 1