THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts

Go down 
+16
DimmyK
Panic_Puppet
Mngwa
Scorpion
Sigmaril
Vasara
Painjunky
The Shredder
helvexis
Omega1907
Septimus
The_Burning_Eye
solar shock
Dirtydeeds
sweetbacon
Mushkilla
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts   BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 20:59

For the second part: you have less chance of removing the whole unit, because the blast template only covers a portion of it, with less chance of rolling a 6 and the entire unit thus being removed, because the template covers, at best with Taloi base size, 2 models assuming you roll better than 1 for the average number of stomps.

The chance of all stomps being kerrunch, i.e. the whole unit covered in templates after rolling a 3 for the number of stomps, is roughly 1 in 500, which would be sufficient to kill the entire unit one go. The chance of one template (i.e. two guys) getting kerrunched is about one in six factoring the d3 roll, better if the templates overlap, but worse again on account of the fact the Knights D attack will remove a Talos of my choosing in btb; assuming he does enough to kill one which is likely. Conversely the probability of me rolling a 6 on one of my three pens against a Knight charging through terrain and the resultant pen rolling d3 hull points is also about 1 in 6.

What this means is, the odds are heavily in your favour if you engage one at a time, which is possible given the glaring weakness of a Knight i.e. MTC. First part: as mentioned previously, The Knight player ended up charging the Claw one at a time on account of, the other weakness of a Knight, abysmal MTC.
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts   BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 21:16

Abyssmal move through cover??

They double the highest dice of 3 for moving through cover. That's pretty good, and why they are so fast.

In 6E you could somewhat kite them in terrain, not so much anymore.

Back to top Go down
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

PostSubject: Re: BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts   BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 21:22

no Knights move no more than 6 in cover
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts   BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 22:32

Sulmo wrote:
no Knights move no more than 6 in cover
Try checking up on the most recent FAQ for that one Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts   BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BR3: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Grey Knights - 1250pts
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4