THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

20 kabalites WWP

Go down 
+11
Hannibal.Lictor
Mr Believer
doriii
jbwms713
Cerve
Count Adhemar
The_Burning_Eye
Hellstrom
Jimsolo
Tempestus
dumpeal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2015, 15:32

I still believe that larger Warrior squads work. They have always been among the three builds you see for warriors (gunboat, msu in venoms or raiders, and warrior blobs).
Only with the current meta and with 7th edition the other options are more versatile and efficient. Doesn't mean they're "bad". They still put out more firepower than gunboats or venoms. its just gunboats and venoms are more maneuverable, durable (in some ways) and cheaper from an efficiency standpoint and therefore a better option.

HOWEVER.. try them for yourself and see how they fit into your army/playstyle/meta.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2015, 16:59

Give them fearless and guide
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 13:30

Would the Sslyth not be a better wwp option. They would properly survive a turn and can assault things
Back to top Go down
ronin_cse
Slave
ronin_cse

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 14:45

I know many don't like using CE allies, but just for discussion: what about throwing in an allied Spiritseer to cast Shrouded on the unit? If you deepstrike into cover you could get a 3+ or even a 2+ cover save which would obviously make the unit much more survivable. Plus with CE allies you could add a farseer in for guide/prescience and maybe you could get lucky and get invisibility.

Alternatively, if one is really against CE allies, you could add in a Shadowseer for veil of tears to make your opponent think twice about shooting at it.

The raider gunboat is probably still the better option but these would still be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
solar shock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 16:43

I think it has some fun potential, it might not be top tier, but I also think some people on here are giving some very critical analysis; which is very limited (because theory is nothing like reality 90% of the time - I should know I do electronics and I wished it behaved like theory!).

Talking about how a 20 blob WWP'd and then being return fired on by 2 tact squads and potentially a bike squad.... I mean where is the rest of his list? if I DS'd a warrior blob and then some dude decided that his best option was to using 3 units to kill that unit while leaving my Maxed grot bomb that also DS'd right in front then i'd multi-assault, rip his list apart and laugh at his ability to analyse threats. But the problem is you can't assess its value vs an army when you have no idea what else you are bringing, the deployment of either army, the casualties suffered so far and like a gazzillion other factors. However, thats not to say I then think its a great idea and not to say that sort of analysis doesn't have its place, but for the initial offset you need to think about the strengths and weaknesses first, then what other units you'd use alongside it, what tactics you'd employ. Then after that you can sit and consider would X unit do the same function or a similar function cheaper/more effectively.

Personally i'd use raiders, but I just like the idea of splinter racks and DE laying down slathers of splinter fire while cruising about on hover boats.

As mentioned, 2 raiders with racks - most likely just as effective at shooting, provide more mobility and the 2 lance shots while also being able to shoot at separate targets.

Venoms - will also provide ample shooting, mobility and decent protection through jink, MSU etc..

Blob - could work if you use it as an out lying DS, remove a long range unit like lootas, then to move in for a pincer move. But you'd also want some other threats to take the heat off it. By turn 4 with the haemy they will have some pretty decent buffs from PfP, so would act as a decent tarpit. A CWE warlock would add some nice protection if you have CWE allies, a Sseer would also be nice if you have harlies. I like the idea of a blob of warriors coming through a WWP. Well if you have 2x10 man units for your raiders, then it wouldn't be too difficult to test it out, you haven't got to buy anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ronin_cse
Slave
ronin_cse

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 16:48

solar shock wrote:
I think it has some fun potential, it might not be top tier, but I also think some people on here are giving some very critical analysis; which is very limited (because theory is nothing like reality 90% of the time - I should know I do electronics and I wished it behaved like theory!).

Talking about how a 20 blob WWP'd and then being return fired on by 2 tact squads and potentially a bike squad.... I mean where is the rest of his list? if I DS'd a warrior blob and then some dude decided that his best option was to using 3 units to kill that unit while leaving my Maxed grot bomb that also DS'd right in front then i'd multi-assault, rip his list apart and laugh at his ability to analyse threats. But the problem is you can't assess its value vs an army when you have no idea what else you are bringing, the deployment of either army, the casualties suffered so far and like a gazzillion other factors. However, thats not to say I then think its a great idea and not to say that sort of analysis doesn't have its place, but for the initial offset you need to think about the strengths and weaknesses first, then what other units you'd use alongside it, what tactics you'd employ. Then after that you can sit and consider would X unit do the same function or a similar function cheaper/more effectively.

Personally i'd use raiders, but I just like the idea of splinter racks and DE laying down slathers of splinter fire while cruising about on hover boats.

As mentioned, 2 raiders with racks - most likely just as effective at shooting, provide more mobility and the 2 lance shots while also being able to shoot at separate targets.

Venoms - will also provide ample shooting, mobility and decent protection through jink, MSU etc..

Blob - could work if you use it as an out lying DS, remove a long range unit like lootas, then to move in for a pincer move. But you'd also want some other threats to take the heat off it. By turn 4 with the haemy they will have some pretty decent buffs from PfP, so would act as a decent tarpit. A CWE warlock would add some nice protection if you have CWE allies, a Sseer would also be nice if you have harlies. I like the idea of a blob of warriors coming through a WWP. Well if you have 2x10 man units for your raiders, then it wouldn't be too difficult to test it out, you haven't got to buy anything Very Happy

Yeah, in a more competitive environment I would always take raiders and venoms any day. However I am definately going to have fun with this is my pick up games. I'm thinking an Eldar United list with this blob, an Archon, a couple shadowseers, a farseer, a spiritseer, a succubus, an autarch, and what ever other ICs I can fit in. The warriors are basically just wounds for all the ICs and then they can split off from it the next turn to just sow havoc and destruction! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Oh also, CWE Warlocks can only be split off to units of guardians (or guardian piloted things). Of course you could do the same thing with a big blob of guardians but this is a DE thread Wink
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 17:15

Why not 10 mandrakes with a wwp agonised/shadow field archon. They basically give the archon move through cover, shrouded and stealth. You could land them in terrain near your opponent and just shoot things up. If you went second they would have 2+ cover and 5+ fnp by the time your opponent could shout them turn 3. You could then camp in cover shooting and drawing fire from his army until PFP is fully charged. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
ronin_cse
Slave
ronin_cse

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 17:22

Mushkilla wrote:
Why not 10 mandrakes with a wwp agonised/shadow field archon. They basically give the archon move through cover, shrouded and stealth. You could land them in terrain near your opponent and just shoot things up. If you went second they would have 2+ cover and 5+ fnp by the time your opponent could shout them turn 3. You could then camp in cover shooting and drawing fire from his army until PFP is fully charged. Smile

Because (since I am a newer Dark Eldar player) I would have to buy Mandrakes :p. That would be a great way to make Mandrakes semi-useful in fun games though! Or I could do it with a large squad of Incubi with Drazhar in addition to the Archon and what ever else I want to throw in there. Maybe I could make that blob my entire army other than the few troop choices I have to take Very Happy
Back to top Go down
solar shock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 17:57

Mush that sounds great fun Very Happy doesn't sound highly competitive, but would be hilarious, especially if you like DS'd them onto the top level of some ruins or something while another unit was below Very Happy sat there with your 2+ cover save Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 kabalites WWP   20 kabalites WWP - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20 kabalites WWP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-