THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins as Allies

Go down 
+3
Caldria
Count Adhemar
Rancid blade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Harlequins as Allies Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 16:21

So, it seems as though there is no way to take Harlequins as an allied detachment to Dark Eldar. They don't have an HQ option and so can't fulfill the mandatory slots for an allied detachment. Is that right?

What's the most cost efficient way to get an IC Shadowseer for my DE?

RB
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 16:27

The only ways to get an IC Shadowseer are to either go Unbound or to take the Masque Detachment or Cegorach's Revenge Formation, both of which have considerable minimum requirements.

Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 16:29

both the Heroes' Path and Company of Actors formations.

Unfortunately, neither of those formations allow you to put the shadowseer where you want to.

The heroes' path shadowseer has stealth/shrouded and infiltrate but cannot ever join another unit.

The company of actors shadowseer is forced to join the troupe with the death jester, and neither the SS nor DJ can leave the troupe.

The best way of getting a shadowseer with absolute freedom is to take the Masque detachment. Which has a 500-600 pt minimum cost. As you are forced to buy 3 units of troupes, 2 fast attacks (be it skyweavers or starweavers) and 1 Voidweaver. Then you have 7 optional elites, so you can take shadowseers and put them wherever you want.

Unfortunately, there is no cheap way of getting a shadowseer to ally with DE and still have the freedom to place her where you want.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 16:30

Don't forget that if you solely take formations to make up your lists, there's little reason not to go unbound, since formations don't lose their command benefits/special rules for being in an unbound army.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 16:47

Thanks guys. I see what GW did with this one. Ben
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 21:11

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Don't forget that if you solely take formations to make up your lists, there's little reason not to go unbound, since formations don't lose their command benefits/special rules for being in an unbound army.

But what about your Objsec CAD?

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 22:36

I like the Cast of Players, but the Masque could work too.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2015, 23:28

By running the troupes reasonably cheaply but still effective - all HKiss (3x5 = 360) then 2 star weavers (140) then a single void weaver (75) you end up at a cost of 575 before adding the characters in elites who will push this up quickly in 60 to 90 point increments. If you don't need him to join DE units then the 2 formations mentioned already make it much cheaper - 300 points give or take

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins as Allies   Harlequins as Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins as Allies
Page 1 of 1