THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Voidraven Competitive?

Go down 
+2
Massaen
liberalorangutang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
liberalorangutang
Slave
liberalorangutang

Voidraven Competitive? Empty
PostSubject: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 12:31

Hi y'all, ive been pondering on whether or not to include a voidraven bomber or razorwing jetfighter in a battle brothers list alongside harlequins (or eldar). Our list is still in a very formless state at the moment and I just wanted to get the pros and cons and possibly some nuanced insights from you knowledgeable peeps at 'the dark city' about whether or not theses two fliers are worth the risk and the points in 7th ed and if so, how you would play them.
Thanks is advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 12:37

If you are allying in Eldar - the crimson hunter is vastly better than either DE flyer for AA or AT duties. Both the DE flyers excel at ground attack with some ability in the AA/AT arena. Keep the razorwing cheap with just the lance upgrade IMO while the bomber could be kept stock with either primary weapon for either ground attack for the scythes or lances for the AT/AA role.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 12:39

here and here are two very extensive discussions of the above question.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
liberalorangutang
Slave
liberalorangutang

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 13:34

thanks very much guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KennyK76
Slave
KennyK76

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 06:51

I love the Voidraven
The model is brilliant
It's weapons are barbaric
And if used correctly it's game changing
Yes it has only got armour 10 all round
But realistically if there is any interceptor units left on the table for when you bomber comes on, you deserve to be in the slave pits, with Vect stood above you sharpening his pimp tools
Back to top Go down
perhow
Hellion
perhow

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 17:56

Absolutely this^
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 18:16

The problem with the Voidraven is not interceptor but any mid strenght multishot weapon.
Technically even imperial guard chimeras are a threat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Competitive?   Voidraven Competitive? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voidraven Competitive?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: