THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Building a Lady of Pain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shwaym
Hellion
shwaym

Building a Lady of Pain Empty
PostSubject: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 14:11

My brother is a huge fan of Planescape: Torment (he has a Lady of Pain tattoo on his shoulder) and I would like to build and paint two Lady of Pain minis (one for him one for me.)

Building a Lady of Pain 200289-lady_of_pain_s_crest_large

Building a Lady of Pain 1478807-lady

Building a Lady of Pain Pstlady

The head would be straightforward: one of the Harlequin Starweaver masks surrounded by Reaver bladevanes or similar DE bits.

The body is the challenge as the Lady is about twice as tall as an average human with a flowing robe down past her feet with her hands hidden.

In searching for possibilities I found the Tau Ethereal with Honour Blade, Empire Battle Wizard and High elf Mage/Archmage/Prince.  My only ideas so far are to get two and chop them together or attempt to sculpt the body out of green stuff.  Putting it all on a small skimmer base to simulate her gliding.  

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 15:21

The Lady's height is actually relatively open to interpretation - she is a demi-power and can, functionally, be any height she sort of cares to be. In the books and games she generally varies, I would dare say her most "common" height is actually closer to 50' or so, rather than 12'.

My official Lady of Pain Ral Parth mini (from the old boxed leads) is standard 28mm size, just as a 'for instance'...though I suppose they'd have wanted to keep her a bit smaller.

If you go for the twice the size concept - wouldn't that end up making her head look kind of tiny if you use a standard head on the bigger body?

Back to top Go down
shwaym
Hellion
shwaym

PostSubject: Re: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 16:57

Thor665 wrote:
The Lady's height is actually relatively open to interpretation - she is a demi-power and can, functionally, be any height she sort of cares to be. In the books and games she generally varies, I would dare say her most "common" height is actually closer to 50' or so, rather than 12'.

My official Lady of Pain Ral Parth mini (from the old boxed leads) is standard 28mm size, just as a 'for instance'...though I suppose they'd have wanted to keep her a bit smaller.

If you go for the twice the size concept - wouldn't that end up making her head look kind of tiny if you use a standard head on the bigger body?

I'm being difficult and going for the taller look.

My mistake, I meant Skyweaver.

Building a Lady of Pain 99120111002_HarlequinSkyweavers05
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 18:52

Looking at the images you've provided, the lower body looks mostly to be robes. SO, here's my suggestin - and I know its a fair bit larger than you planned, but I think it could really work well.

Nightbringer.

Building a Lady of Pain 8564

YOu get the very tall bosy, which is probably about the right size for the masks provided on the Skyweaver.
You could quite easily cut off the arms and green stuff on some upper body robes with arms crossed (as you wouldn;t have to worry about hands), plus you get a far more dunamic pose than just standing there upright!

(When last I hacked at one of these, the base with the scarabs on was separate too, so you can ignore them)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2015, 23:30

Looks like a really cool idea!
Considering the Blade Collar/Halo, i made the shoulder spikes on my Archon with the Bayonet-ish Bits from the Kabalie Warriors Box:
Building a Lady of Pain Archon%20amp%20Grotesquerie%20009_zpsy5aoxngw

shwaym
Hellion
shwaym

PostSubject: Re: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2015, 00:24

Those are great suggestions!

Game-wise I was planning to use her as a Heamonculus. With the Nightbringer body I may put her on a larger base and have her count as a Talos/Cronos (Maiden of Sorrows from the fluff.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Lady of Pain   Building a Lady of Pain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a Lady of Pain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: