THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Tournament list for BSB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

2k Tournament list for BSB Empty
PostSubject: 2k Tournament list for BSB   2k Tournament list for BSB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 15:19

I played in the LVO last month and got stomped (much like all the other DE players out there). I think the LVO format does hinder DE because it only allowed me to draw from two sources. Next month's tournament, the Broadside Bash, is more forgiving and allows me to draw from three sources. The BSB used to be a fluffy tournament and it is still billed that way, but looking at the people who are coming, I am a little nervous.

Several things that inspire me: 1. I can't see lance spam as the solution to all DE's problems. The only real way to deal with the new Necrons (in my mind) is bogging them down in close combat. So, I've brought fearless durable close combat units. 2. I don't want to play Eldar, so I have avoided using them as a crutch. 3. I am trying to max out the benefits gained by mixing and matching the PfP charts. Here's the list.

DE CAD:
HQ
Succubus with glave, Armor of Misery (110)

Troops
5x Kabalite warrios with blaster in venom with SC (120)

Fast Attack
Razorwing with 4x shatterfield (160)
Razorwing with 4x shatterfield (160)

Coven Formation Corpsetheif Claw
5x Talos w Chain Flails and Haywire blasters (625)

Coven Formation Grotesquarie (465)
Haemonculi with Sindriq's Sump, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifyer gun
3 x Groteque in Raider with NS and eithersails
3 x Groteque in Raider with NS and eithersails

Here's the plan: 1. The Talos move to the center absorbing fire and generally becoming a threat to take fire away from the venoms. They take out vehicles with their TL Haywire blasters as they move up the field. 2. The succubus is paired with a grotesque squad and they zoom to the back field in their raiders. Depending on the opponent and set up they'll either start from reserve or on the board. 3. the venoms and razorwings do their thing shooting the crap out of everything. I gave the razorwings strength seven missiles so as to threaten light armor also. The idea is that the Grotesques will threaten the back field and the Talos will threaten the center. Hopefully, my opponent will be reacting to me and will be focused on those forward threats, rather than focusing on the paper thin venoms.

Interestingly enough, the Talos unit can go toe to toe with a knight. In turn three the Haemonculi/Grotesque squad has It will Not Die, making it really durable early on. They also have their own combat drugs which make them just that little bit better.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament list for BSB   2k Tournament list for BSB I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 15:26

Really good list. The only thing I'd suggest is to re-calculate the points for your Corpsethief. To run all five Talos with HWB and Chain Flails would be 675, I think.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament list for BSB   2k Tournament list for BSB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 19:28

I would be really curious to lear how this list performed. It seems to be it would have a hard time handling a mechanized list (which are common in my meta, maybe not elsewhere though)
Back to top Go down
spoo
Slave
spoo

PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament list for BSB   2k Tournament list for BSB I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 22:37

I really like the list. I'd probably try to squeeze in a unit of scourges or some other dedicated AT, but it looks really nasty regardless.

On a side note, I'll also be attending the BSB later this month. It'll be my first tournament in a while and first one on such a scale. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament list for BSB   2k Tournament list for BSB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Tournament list for BSB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: