THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting DE force

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Death Jester
Slave
Death Jester

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 23:54

I am just starting DE and have picked up some squads. My club tends to play 1000 point games when we are not in a league so that is the points limit.

Archon: Agoniser, shadow field, armour of misery.
Incubi: X4 with a Klaive
^Venom: Splinter cannon
295 points

Kabalite warriors: X5
^Venom: splinter cannon
105 points

105 points

105 points

105 points

Ravager: X3 dark lances, night shield
140 points

Ravager: X3 dark lances, night shield
140 points

I wanted to go for a venom spam so with a thousand points this is what i got. Thoughts and oppinions are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 00:37

I would cut the archon and replace him with a succubus, then cut either the klaivex or just an incubi. All of this would be to add blasters to the venoms. The more dark light the better
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 14:50

Agreed, Succubus is better.  Yes you don't get the 2++ but you will realize that goes away quickly.  For me its usually to 1 Pistol shot early on.

Having 1 Blaster in each of the warrior squads is huge.
Back to top Go down
Death Jester
Slave
Death Jester

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 16:12

Nariaklizhar wrote:
I would cut the archon and replace him with a succubus,  then cut either the klaivex or just an incubi. All of this would be to add blasters to the venoms. The more dark light the better

So how come i want a blaster? Isn't it better to have units dedicated to one role or am i missing something?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 16:24

you NEED dark light. NEED

At 1k I would want at least 10 dark light shots in the list - ideally 12-14, and from every unit choice I have to make it harder for the enemy to shut down.

You need to be able to break transports quickly and this is the best way to do it.

When I run my list at 1850 I am not happy without 24+ shots across the list

Ditching the night shields on the ravagers and swapping the archon for a succubus with glaive and armour should be enough to hand out the blasters...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Death Jester
Slave
Death Jester

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 16:56

Massaen wrote:

At 1k I would want at least 10 dark light shots in the list - ideally 12-14, and from every unit choice I have to make it harder for the enemy to shut down.

You need to be able to break transports quickly and this is the best way to do it.

Ditching the night shields on the ravagers and swapping the archon for a succubus with glaive and armour should be enough to hand out the blasters...

Ok i am assuming you mean dark lance since i can't find dark light in the ranged wepons section. How should i get so many dark lances? Also i will swap out my archon for a succubus. I will need to mod one of my current wyches though since i allready have a pretty big shopping cart full of DE stuff XD
Back to top Go down
Hovey
Slave
Hovey

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 17:09

Death Jester wrote:
Massaen wrote:

Ok i am assuming you mean dark lance since i can't find dark light in the ranged wepons section. How should i get so many dark lances? Also i will swap out my archon for a succubus. I will need to mod one of my current wyches though since i allready have a pretty big shopping cart full of DE stuff XD

Dark light refers to any Dark Lance, Void Lance, Blaster, Blast Pistol. (some might even include Heat Lance in there)

Blasters being carried by each of your troop units will go a long way. Helps crack good armour infantry and allows your troops to fire when only thing on the board is vehicles (this happens alot). With that many venoms, your guys inside them need to have anti-tank.
Back to top Go down
Death Jester
Slave
Death Jester

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 17:17

[/quote] Dark light refers to any Dark Lance, Void Lance, Blaster, Blast Pistol. (some might even include Heat Lance in there)

Blasters being carried by each of your troop units will go a long way. Helps crack good armour infantry and allows your troops to fire when only thing on the board is vehicles (this happens alot). With that many venoms, your guys inside them need to have anti-tank. [/quote]

Ok thanks a lot for the translation and explanation. I have changed my list taking in the advice everyone has given but i am not sure what to equip the Succubus with. I have 115 points left over.

Sorry didn't remeber the other guys comment for the succubus but that still leaves me with 80 points

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting DE force Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting DE force   Starting DE force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting DE force
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-