THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WIP - Stormfiend Talos

Go down 
+8
zizza1400
Ciirian
Plastikente
Khordajj
Bugs_N_Orks
Cavalier
spellcheck2001
Count Adhemar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

WIP - Stormfiend Talos Empty
PostSubject: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 13:41

Took the plunge and bought a box of Skaven Stormfiends, knowing that I would either use them as Grotesques or Talos. When I opened them I realised they were too big for Grot's so Talos it is!

Here's the first one, with Ichor Injector and TL Haywire Blaster. The Haywire is magnetised so I can swap it out for splinter cannon or heat lance as needed. I should probably have magnetised the Ichor Injector too but I don't have enough of both the Injector and Chain Flails to swap over on all the Taloi I'm planning to build (six!) so I figured I'd just glue it!

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020102

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020103

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020104

Next to a Space Marine for size comparison.

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020105

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 13:50

Great idea! I did not realise they were so huge. The conversion works really well

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 16:50

Nice! This guy looks great. Almost has a gladitorial look to it like its a vet in the fighting pits. Love the grav-talon bit as well. I've used those a number of times myself... I made mine into landmines for cities of death

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 22:46

Cavalier wrote:
Love the grav-talon bit as well.

So that's what it is! Couldn't for the life of me remember where that bit came from but it fitted nicely onto the gauntlet so in it went!

Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 02:50

Good job with removing the fur. Is the leg armor going to be included? I'm not 100% sold on the tail... to me the lines just don't quite flow with the rest of the model. I've been playing with my stormfiends and tacking bits on here and there and for me a Predator-style shoulder mount works best for that type of gun (especially for the ratling gun/grinderfist model). Nice use of the Spirit Vortex to cover the space where the little Brain-Rat would have gone, although I'd definitely try to find a way to fit the tubing that connects to the arms, it just looks awesome. Maybe mount the vortex a bit higher so you can fit the little thing the tubes attach to.

Nice work, can't wait to see it done (and the other 2!!)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 07:26

I'm leaving the leg armour off this one as I want to use those pieces on one of the other Stormfiends who only has a shoulder pad. I want them all to have a decent amount of armour!

I kind of agree about the tail but I wanted to include it to make it more Talos-y, so that people would immediately know it was a Talos rather than a big Grot. But I'll see what I can come up with for the other ones.

Khordajj
Hellion
Khordajj

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 14:41

Hey excellent work! They're absolutely massive aren't they. Having used the Stormfiends too I can see a lot of the detail you put into it. Well done Smile

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 22:50

Another pic next to a real Talos. Looks like a reasonable match in terms of overall size.

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020110

Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 16:12

Nice! I'm always on the lookout for models to convert as Grots / Pain Engines. Haemonculi are just too inventive to stick to one design.

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 16:37

I like the look of the Stormfiends. May have to get some eventually.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 09:21

Other two now mostly complete. Left the big tails off these ones and went for arm mounted weapons.

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020111

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020113

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020115

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020116

All three so far:

WIP - Stormfiend Talos P1020119

zizza1400
Hellion
zizza1400

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 14:49

Wow I didn't realise they were so big, suddenly that 5 Taloi formation seems economically achievable! Your conversion work is pretty ace as well, can't wait to see them all finished Very Happy

'Never try to deceive,
And only say what you truly believe.'
- Alceste, The Misanthrope
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02 2015, 11:22

They are pretty huge! They're currently sitting on my shelf next to Be'Lakor and making the first Daemon Prince look a wee bit puny Smile

I'll be getting a second box in a little while to finish off my Corpsethief Claw and Dark Artisan but that will have to wait for the bank balance to catch up a bit. In the meantime though I have some Crypt Horrors that are in need of the attention of a good Haemonculus to become my new Groteseques.

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05 2015, 17:20

Inspired by your conversions I have just bought 3 of these. Let the fun begin Smile

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2016, 17:25

I'm trying those too!

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2016, 18:12

I'm liking the way these look. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 10:38

Great looking Talos!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 12:45

Damn! You nailed it man. I really like it. I've seen a lot of Stormfiend conversions but these ones are right towards the top in terms of overall look. The haywire cannon is fantastic! Great job man they look great.

Hellion
Wulfvin

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 13:54

Those look great dude.

I especially like the tenticals as little tails on the arm-mounted gun dudes.

Magnetizing my Taloi was one of the best decisions, kind of tedious, but easily the best way to get the most out of your models assuming you have enough bits to do what you want/have the sets you want.

PostSubject: Re: WIP - Stormfiend Talos   WIP - Stormfiend Talos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP - Stormfiend Talos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: