THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.

Go down 
+2
Raucir Lustingclaw
Evil Space Elves
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. Empty
PostSubject: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 07:25

I am painting two of the banners from the Raider kit for a Venom for Trueborn/Sliscus unit and am a bit stuck. the Venom that it is going on looks very much like this one color scheme wise, but will have black banners with teal-colored serpents(think evil Saim Hain symbol) in a colored field. I am stuck on which color to use for the field and would be grateful for any input or thoughts. The army is primarily purple/magenta with teal accents. I thought of using red, but it appears no place else in the army. I've used Bubonic Brown, but it seems a little blah. Ice blue? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The venom in question is painted in the scheme of my other one shown here.
Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. Securedownload?clean=0&fid=Inbox&mid=1_101834_AHnJjkQAARE%2BTmmsfAIlxiG1NvI&pid=1&tnef=&prefFilename=Resampled_2011-09-03_14-51-49_382.jpg&redirectURL=http%3A%2F%2Fus.mc826.mail.yahoo.com%2Fmc%2FshowMessage%3Fcmd%3Ddownload.failure%26fid%3DInbox%26mid%3D1_101834_AHnJjkQAARE%252BTmmsfAIlxiG1NvI%26pid%3D1%26tnef%3D%26prefFilename%3DResampled_2011-09-03_14-51-49_382.jpg&cred=xr4X99egGghX7ft0OAIPtJZMxyorteZcJOTx3_EeeDxwvJJDi26oGMrdXaZ8.YC71sBXRqoecEtxr5pqXTZnyMMKX4G7enhocK07YAXNqd3BuA_f4IHhttps://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff501/okbox1/

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Sun Nov 06 2011, 19:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 07:33

Clearly I am not uploading pictures correctly. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 08:33

Evil Space Elves wrote:
The army is primarily purple/magenta with teal accents. I thought of using red, but it appears no place else in the army.

So? My colours are purple, white, green and red. They're the colours of Christmas, damn it! Mix them up! I'd recommend a black banner, maybe two diagonal red stripes and the teal serpent motif over the top. It'll work.

Also, I like the glittery effect you've used on your Venom's hull. Did you mix up some metallic paint with it or is that genuinely glitter?

Raucir

Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 09:47

If you want to keep the same colours, perhaps a yellow/brown looking like gold, or the light grey you use for the skin.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 15:12

A white field with the dark purple would work I think.

Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 15:35

@Lustingclaw-It really doesn't show well in the bad compressed photo but it is a teal Tamiya clear coat with Liquitex iridescent medium mixed in. It looks better in person. A friend and I agreed that DE were the only army arrogant enough to pull off flashy paint jobs on the battle field.

Can anyone point me towards a good tutorial on post pictures in this forum? I'm not savvy with the tech. I tried looking at Local Ork's post but it was a bit over my dense head.

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Fri Sep 09 2011, 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 15:39

on the post there is a button that allows you to link the image so it shows up.

click on it and a small pop up appears. Post your link in there.

it looks like this, although it is broken out with 3 spaces between each part

[ img ] post the address here [ / img ]

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 15:42

Oh. Damn. I guess I may need to fix it at some point.

Anyway IMG tag should work.

Code:
[img] link[/img]

Last edited by Local_Ork on Fri Sep 09 2011, 15:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 15:44

Thanks Gar! I'll give it a rip tonight when I get home from work. I wanted to start a project log (to keep me motivated) but really couldn't figure out the picture posting.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 15:49

No worries.

The HTML is really nice if you know how to do it. Maybe L_O could elaborate on his thread because I would like to know how to do that kind of stuff.

I'm not quite that tech savy so the buttons make things work for lil 'ol me.

My first attempt to post a picture was a jumbled mess of addresses and code and finally a moderator just nuked the whole thread and told me to start over. LOL.

I feel your pain. Sharing the pain is what we do. lol!

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 06:09

Like this?

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 15:28

Hmmm. I'm not seeing anything...

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 18:03

I've clicked edit (because mods can) and... there is no link, nor img tags?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 20:26

Local_Ork wrote:
I've clicked edit (because mods can) and... there is no link, nor img tags?

I deleted them after I posted and re-edited about 6 times trying to get it to work. It showed (what looked to me to be) the code for it but didn't show up on the posting. I tried to edit it different ways to see if I could get the image to show and never saw anything after I posted. Evil or Very Mad

It is costing me a six-pack of Abita Turbo Dog, but a friend of mine that is quite savvy with this sort of thing is going to show me what in the hell I'm doing wrong. I'll drink one for you guys suffering through trying to get me through it. I really want to post a project log that doesn't include only links...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 18:24

These pictures are the paint scheme of my vehicles. The banner is for a different Venom.
Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. 2011-07-25_15-25-27_865

Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. 2011-07-25_15-23-56_605
Like this?

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Sun Sep 18 2011, 00:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 18:36

Ok, it actually worked.
Pretty cool theme actually.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 19:12

Thanks Local. My friend said that though my Picasa album was public, he thought that it might not have been allowing hyperlinks. Now I guess it's time to get off of my lazy butt and do a project log!

Back to top Go down
Da Black Gobbo
Slave
Da Black Gobbo

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 22:53

Hey lads! i'd say paint your Banner magenta and find a colour to break with the themme, maybe the green stripes to highlight it and add some pale blue or runes or tribal thingie.

hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2011, 03:32

All of the suggestions here have been fantastic. I really got stuck trying to decide on one of them and started painting a Ravager in frustration. I promise to have it up as soon as I settle on one.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:58

Not sold completely, but I will be going with the Ice Blue shaded with purple field on a black banner to match the Blasterborn that are going to ride in it. (Really not keen on fielding Sliscus and Blasterborn any time soon any more)
Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. 2011-11-06_11-22-58_946

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 13:21

I like it very much.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 13:50

I have to admit, it's growing on me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.   Need help on a color choice for Venom banner. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help on a color choice for Venom banner.
Page 1 of 1